• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I know it's depressing, but lets talk about draft eligible QBs

Verge

14 minutes ago, SBiii said:

Heck man the only reason I tuned in was because u had been absolutely sh*tting on the guy all night long and then when you said:

"Down 14 after his INT leads to an ASU TD, he's getting the ball back with about 12:30 remaining. Let's see what he truly has..."

...I thought "let's do see what he has".....

.....and then they went down another 3 to be in a 24-7 hole.....

..... then they put up 21 points in the last 9 minutes of the 4th quarter and if not for a completely blown call/coverage by the D-coordinator on 3rd down thereby giving up a 75yd bomb for a TD the Ducks and Hester win the damn game!

In all seriousness, relax man.....it's a college game. 

Clearly you don't like the QB and he didn't have his greatest game ever from start to finish and at the 12.43 mark in Q4 you called him out, and then he threw an INT that lead to another 3pts --- and they still had a chance to win the game!

Sh*t on him all you like but the guy is clearly a gamer and there's no quit in that dog.

PS....I'm in no way invested in this guy and could care less about what happens with him, but if you think this one game is going to decide his fate in the NFL draft you are kidding yourself.

That said, am kinda curious why you dislike him so much?

Every post you make in this thread shows you didn't actually watch the game so why are you posting about it?

I don't dislike the kid, I just don't think he's a franchise NFL QB.

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Every post you make in this thread shows you didn't actually watch the game so why are you posting about it?

I don't dislike the kid, I just don't think he's a franchise NFL QB.

Absolutely watched it.  Didn't watch every single play searching for the tiniest reasons to sh*t on some kid who has no chance of being drafted by our team, but I did watch it.

Are you worried someone is going to trick Tepper into drafting the kid?

9 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The only question I have about Burrow is that he's a one year wonder. The guy looks DAMN GOOD this year though.

He's not really a one year wonder though.  He had a decent year last year after transferring a bit late (didn't get the full off-season development).  They didn't have Joe Brady last year either.  Burrow was schemed to be a game manager, which he did well.  

5 minutes ago, Bigchipper said:

He's not really a one year wonder though.  He had a decent year last year after transferring a bit late (didn't get the full off-season development).  They didn't have Joe Brady last year either.  Burrow was schemed to be a game manager, which he did well.  

Schemed game managers aren't Heisman candidates and generally aren't NFL prospects. Burrow exploded this year. That's what I mean by "one year wonder".

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Is that a sign that he's a bad quarterback or is it just a bad game?

I was questioning Herbert long before this game. On my first post in this thread, I asked why it seemed like Oregon made an effort to take the ball out of his hands in crunch time in competitive games. Well, now we know. Even last night, the majority of his 4th quarter yardage came via screen passes.

Archived