• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tyler Larsen vs Matt Paradis

raleigh-panther

This is why I was so open to drafting Bradbury, and Dillard after that.

Now I haven't seen enough of Dillard to know if he can go, but Bradbury is good, and young, and somewhat cheap.

Really wish this team would actually invest in the offensive line.

Also, I'm still questioning why everyone here continues to praise Matsko....it's really confusing.

9 minutes ago, stbugs said:

We are spending $26M a year on Poe, Paradis and Reid. Hurney’s expendable.

That’s more than double the albatross of Matt Kalil to put it into perspective.

It’s still amazing that Kalil’s contract is talked about with such disdain (and it was awful, I wanted Beachum) and yet we only spent in total, $25M on him. We spent $26M this year on these 3 and have gotten poo ass results. Terrible run D and an atrocious anchor to an atrocious OL. 

That’s a huge, huge reach to try and toss Reid and Poe together as if they are even nearly as bad as the kalil signing. 

i know some will forever hate hurney but to ignore how better Poe has played this year and crucify Reid for the 5 miss tackles we like to highlight and compare to one of the worst contracts in panthers history is a reach. 

run defense has been discussed over and over, it’s not the dt it’s lack of gap discipline. 

paradis has played like garbage however 

22 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Paradis has been what some feared when most were celebrating the signing, it's worst case scenario with this guy. I'm just not sure Larsen is good enough to have him start but as Scott said, that it is even close is saying something and none of it sounds good to me. Larsen is another example of a backup we are lucky to have but I hope he never has to start again for us again. I see this as a lateral movement so whatever, they both are not the long term answer and I'm not excited to see either start the rest of the year. 

If I had to guess, Paradis is a June 1st cut candidate this offseason. 

Probably unlikely. $7.2 mil in dead cap if we cut him next year.

4 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Now I haven't seen enough of Dillard to know if he can go, but Bradbury is good, and young, and somewhat cheap.

Also, I'm still questioning why everyone here continues to praise Matsko....it's really confusing.

You know that's not gonna happen with Rivera in charge.

9 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Probably unlikely. $7.2 mil in dead cap if we cut him next year.

I would be more inclined to agree if we weren't staring down the barrel of a rebuild. Either way, he isn't worth keeping and the cap hit is the price of getting rid of him. He is bad enough to consider eating the cap hit and just moving on. 

1 minute ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

It will if his boss says "I'm not making any effort to retain or acquire another franchise qb without you committing to investing in his protection, because that failure helped get us to where we are with Cam now."

I mean, if you actually need to say something like that though, why are you even keeping the guy?

It's become pretty clear Rivera is one of those guys who believes you can get away with a bad offensive line as long as you have a mobile quarterback.

It's a dumb philosophy, but Rivera has a few of those.

5 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Dillard has been hella bad this year according to Eagle fans I follow on Twitter.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-mailbag-should-jason-peters-or-andre-dillard-be-starting-lt/

Again, haven't been watching them closely, but he has started 3 games now, and seems to be settling in per this Q and A.  Again, not trusting it, just something I came across.

33 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

I feel the exact way

if the guy is such a genius why are our QBs pounded...doesn’t matter which one plays

matsko is yet another underwhelming  panthers coach that Cam’s ability to tun camouflaged

50 minutes ago, stbugs said:

We are spending $26M a year on Poe, Paradis and Reid. Hurney’s expendable.

That’s more than double the albatross of Matt Kalil to put it into perspective.

It’s still amazing that Kalil’s contract is talked about with such disdain (and it was awful, I wanted Beachum) and yet we only spent in total, $25M on him. We spent $26M this year on these 3 and have gotten poo ass results. Terrible run D and an atrocious anchor to an atrocious OL. 

You your just not seeing the hurney magic. Keep looking! Dave was just a bum Hurn dogs where it's at. 

Archived