• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper - No decision has been made on Cam

Jeremy Igo

7 minutes ago, WoahW said:

But if you read between the lines the guy who called Kyle Allen a future Pro Bowl QB said it’s totally not what he’s saying. He said “he hopes Cam gets healthy and stays a Panther for a long time” what he meant was actually “Totally gone no way they keep him Cam has lost the team” 

I don’t understand it and have been trying to for a while, nothing but “cam is good as gone” post from long time posters and well respected posters on this board.

and why? Just following the media hot topics for this time of year I guess, I haven’t seen not one indication that cam is good as gone nor that he’s staying, it’s been up in the air the entire time.

i haven’t seen one logical explanation on the team’s strategy going forward without cam besides the lost and delusional Kyle Allen stans.

I enjoy actual clues or hints gathered by posters to form a opinion but these bold topics that I click on to see if there’s any shred of evidence indicating that, only to find canned air is disappointing. 

5 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Dude come on... It's fine to have opinions but you KNOW you're baiting for conversation. Like we get it, you get paid based on hits and conversation that takes place on this forum but don't double down on it. Tepper is a smart man and is going to make a decision based on Cam's health and recovery, which he, we, media, and you do not know at this time. Your threads have just been getting absurd lately. You posted this yesterday: 

You actually typed that out and started that thread. 

who gives a ding dong diddly

One has to think Tepper has adapted a philosophy of “buy low, sell high” to achieve what he has professionally.  

Honest question here:  Is bailing on Cam now an example of selling high on an asset?  

He is less expensive than the following based on yearly salary: 

Wilson$35,000,000

Roethlisberger$34,000,000 

Rodgers$33,500,000

Goff$33,500,000

Wentz$32,000,000

Ryan$30,000,000

Cousins$28,000,000

Brissett$27,975,000

Garoppolo$27,500,000

Stafford$27,000,000 

Carr$25,005,000

Brees$25,000,000 

Smith$23,500,000

Brady$23,000,000

Flacco$22,133,333

Foles$22,000,000

Manning$21,000,000

Rivers$20,812,500

Try to find an asset with his amount of upside for a comparable rate, even under a new contract if we were to extend.  Extension would be buying low as long as health checks out.

23 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

I don’t understand it and have been trying to for a while, nothing but “cam is good as gone” post from long time posters and well respected posters on this board.

and why? Just following the media hot topics for this time of year I guess, I haven’t seen not one indication that cam is good as gone nor that he’s staying, it’s been up in the air the entire time.

i haven’t seen one logical explanation on the team’s strategy going forward without cam besides the lost and delusional Kyle Allen stans.

I enjoy actual clues or hints gathered by posters to form a opinion but these bold topics that I click on to see if there’s any shred of evidence indicating that, only to find canned air is disappointing. 

Same, it makes no sense out of clicks for ad money or other reasons, it’s always been we won’t know until closer to next season 

Tepper isn’t stupid enough to just give away any and all leverage he would have by committing to anything right now. It’s a nothing answer that doesn’t mean anything.

Say he has decided to keep Cam and he says that. Then Cam’s agent has leverage for a new big contract.

Say he has decided to move on from Cam and tells the media that. Then any team that wants to trade for Cam will be able to low ball him.

There really is nothing to take away from that statement.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Probably not great news for Cam. A far cry from "Cam is our guy and we will build around him".

Writing seems to be on the wall.

In listening to WFNZ over the past couple weeks they keep bringing up several things regarding conversations they have had off the record with people from the organization.  

Many of them don’t think Cam will be back next year.  There is a feeling that Cam could want out of Charlotte.  

The other thing that came up today is a conversation that was had with someone at the organization.  The org has a concern with Cams longterm health.  What was interesting is that they weren’t concerned about the foot but the shoulder.  

So to be clear this is purely speculation.  But there are a lot of people in the media and with ties to the organization singing this same tune.  

7 minutes ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

In listening to WFNZ over the past couple weeks they keep bringing up several things regarding conversations they have had off the record with people from the organization.  

Many of them don’t think Cam will be back next year.  There is a feeling that Cam could want out of Charlotte.  

The other thing that came up today is a conversation that was had with someone at the organization.  The org has a concern with Cams longterm health.  What was interesting is that they weren’t concerned about the foot but the shoulder.  

So to be clear this is purely speculation.  But there are a lot of people in the media and with ties to the organization singing this same tune.  

I've only been concerned about the shoulder. It didn't exactly perform well the first two games this season. 

Archived