• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Feeling like a Lame Duck December

Jeremy Igo

What a great feeling it is. Thanks for the tease Rivera but you're a moron and have "they did the exact same thing and changed up nothing"(paraphrasing) from the SB on your record. 7 step drops right into Von Miller and never once thought to say "hey maybe we should stop that".

Except...that's you in every game even the ones we win.

15 hours ago, jtm said:

It’s the nfl and anything can happen and this place giving up on a 5-5 team is beyond pathetic. I really wish all these people that keep threatening to not watch Carolina would actually quit watching so the rest of us can watch games and comment in peace. 

Here is the rub though.  If a Patriots fan was to "give up" on their season at 5-5....then yea, that is pathetic.  They have seen that team have a winning record for 19 straight years.  They have witnessed a staggering amount of SB wins in this era of the NFL.

They have one of the very best coaches in the history of the NFL and play in the easiest division over the past 2 decades.  That fanbase has been one of the most fortunate fanbases in the history of sports.

None of those things are true for the Panthers, nor their fans.

We have coach and GM with a really bad record at the helm.  A star QB that is completely broken down.  A team with a history of never having back to back winning seasons, no titles, and a terrible recent trend against our division foes.....our rivals if you will.  Also, what is our recent home record?

At the end of the day, the Panthers have earned this.....fair and square.

8 hours ago, thefuzz said:

Here is the rub though.  If a Patriots fan was to "give up" on their season at 5-5....then yea, that is pathetic.  They have seen that team have a winning record for 19 straight years.  They have witnessed a staggering amount of SB wins in this era of the NFL.

They have one of the very best coaches in the history of the NFL and play in the easiest division over the past 2 decades.  That fanbase has been one of the most fortunate fanbases in the history of sports.

None of those things are true for the Panthers, nor their fans.

We have coach and GM with a really bad record at the helm.  A star QB that is completely broken down.  A team with a history of never having back to back winning seasons, no titles, and a terrible recent trend against our division foes.....our rivals if you will.  Also, what is our recent home record?

At the end of the day, the Panthers have earned this.....fair and square

I read a stat that half of the teams in the nfl haven’t had back to back winning seasons. Winning in the nfl is hard.

Panthers fans have gotten a little taste of success and now act that they are this storied franchise that should compete for a super bowl every year. It’s okay to get upset with your team, but Panthers fans melt down and give up on their team on a weekly basis. For those that have given up, please just go away and let the rest of us enjoy the rest of the football season in peace

On 11/18/2019 at 6:24 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

Any long time Huddlers remember the feeling of 2010 Holiday Season?

Am I the only one that is starting to get that same tingle in my balls? 

Starting to feel like Rivera's departure is a foregone conclusion and any current game should be watched in the context of what it means for next season. 

I wonder who said that already?:thinking::tongue:

been here since your second year, yeah I got that feeling as soon as it hit 17-0 at home against a bad rival, that was the game that sealed it for me.

WTF, 2010 the Panthers went 2-14 because the old codger Jerry Richardson thought the League was going to strike and he thought he would out smart everyone and not sign players/save money.

Fug the fan base. Remember that guy?

You can be certain the Panthers will eek out 2, possibly 3 wins if the Taints tank game 18. Rivera will be back with open arms after 7-9 or 8-8 sans Cam Newton. This is the BofA MO and nothing has hinted this might change.

Interesting revision of history however.

13 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Well, look at it this way.

At least we don't have Jerry Richardson making the final decisions.

Or do you?

Tepper is getting a pass now for his malaise because "He is fixing the business side". 

Riiiiiight.

This man is in charge. Richardson's long term right hand man.

image.jpg

8 hours ago, Go DJ that's my DJ said:

key word is ACTIVE. we are discussing all time. even Barry sanders carried the lions to a couple winning seasons.

People here always bring up the stat that Carolina has never had back to back winning seasons.  Neither has most of the NFL. 

Archived