• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Feeling like a Lame Duck December

Jeremy Igo

5 hours ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

I don't think Tepper went from dirt poor to self made billionaire with a mentality like that. Also I am positive he would like to get his staff in place and start fresh. He was right to stick with Hurney and Rivera for the time he did. This offseason will bring a lot of changes

Even if Tepper wanted to can everybody right now, this is not really a great time to be looking for staff unless you are will to get some college coaches to leave their gigs overnight.  

16 minutes ago, MVPccaffrey said:Meh this has been said before on here and led to nothing.

I'll say it again, the Rivera haters want it both ways:  the roster is "trash" including QB but despite that Coach should be fired for not getting to the playoffs with them.

Do you think Ron had nothing to do with picking that roster?   Or the assistant coaches he has now that no one else wanted?   Or deciding to stay with Kyle Allen or wasting a third rd pick on Greer?

Come on man 

Not quite. First off, I believe it was the 2009 Holiday season. Second, everyone knew the impending 2011 lockout meant Fox was staying for the sake of saving money. Absolute worst feeling that were we throwing away an entire season without even doing much to prepare for the future.

I seriously doubt we'll have a 2010 type of season but it does feel a bit like 2009 again. I fear keeping Rivera will just make us repeat 2009 yet again.

9 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

Doesn't bode well for this season... but at this point should we be focused on this season? It would help getting our feelers out early and letting coaches to be already know were hiring and accessing if they would like the job or not which should be the teams priority,the future not this lost season.

If we beat the Saints next week by some miracle then yeah we should still focus on this season.

11 hours ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Don't kid yourself about what is going on. Coaches have lost the locker room. Players don't care. For so many years Cam was able to keep us in games and mask our flaws. Without him we cant overcome poor coaching and bad defense. We are done. Didn't watch yesterday and won't watch anymore this season. Tired of watching garbage football

Why did you come here to post then? You base this opinion off of a game you didn’t watch?? Okay sounds good. 

9 hours ago, Mage said:

We are 3 games behind the 6th seed with 2 games left against the Saints.  We are 9th in NFC standings.

I’m usually more optimistic than others but I can’t see any way we make the playoffs.  We can’t afford to lose more than 1 more game and I don’t see any way this team can beat the Saints.

It’s the nfl and anything can happen and this place giving up on a 5-5 team is beyond pathetic. I really wish all these people that keep threatening to not watch Carolina would actually quit watching so the rest of us can watch games and comment in peace. 

11 hours ago, PghPanther said:

The way I see it.........you first root for your team to make it into the playoffs............then of course for a SB.

Or if your team cannot make it to the playoffs then you root for them to lose out and get the best possible draft pick......

Its either one choice or the other............because there is no interest hoping for wins of meaningless games that lay in between those two options...........

The draft picks encourage this kind of apathy.....................and as a result make teams either a boom or a bust for the fans and regional economic impact they represent.

This is sad 

Archived