• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Feeling like a Lame Duck December

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Randolph Panther said:

Honest question, would 9-7 and no berth save his job?  I would think it might but not sure.  

No, not in my opinion, I think the writing is already on the wall for Ron and Marty.

That said, if Tepper keeps them around for another year, he will deserve ALL the empty seats at BOA next fall.

10 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

“ron is lame duck status” is really funny to read considering that if you were to say this in july the ingroup would drag it out on you for 18 pages. and if tepper decides to give ron and marty another freebie year there’s going to be another about face in the offseason and everybody is going to act like the panthers are such a finely run organization and they’re going to eat worlds in the fall.

basically proves that this community is a fuging joke

"I didn't support Ron until I saw All for Nothing"

That was a real thing here....like in real life.

2 hours ago, cbully said:

You nailed it man! I certainly have that "it is what it is vibe" as of lately. May as well insert Clausen, excuse me, Grier. However I'm very grateful Cam essentially is not playing this year because Ron needs to be accountable for this. What's this the 4th blowout in 16 games now?

Looks to me like Clausen has been playing for a while 

3 hours ago, jtm said:

Panthers fans have become way too soft. Team is 5-5 and everyone is ready to give up?

We are 3 games behind the 6th seed with 2 games left against the Saints.  We are 9th in NFC standings.

I’m usually more optimistic than others but I can’t see any way we make the playoffs.  We can’t afford to lose more than 1 more game and I don’t see any way this team can beat the Saints.

2 hours ago, OriginalPantherDan said:

Only reason I pause when considering RR’s immediate firing is that Tepper is the owner. He came here after being part owner of a franchise that sticks by its HCs for the long haul, and while he may not subscribe to that same mentality, I wonder if he believes that’s part of the Steelers’ long-term success. Not that RR won’t get whacked in the off-season (as I believe he will) but I don’t see it happening mid-season. 

To be fair he wanted Tomlin fired

1 minute ago, Mage said:

We are 3 games behind the 6th seed with 2 games left against the Saints.  We are 9th in NFC standings.

I’m usually more optimistic than others but I can’t see any way we make the playoffs.  We can’t afford to lose more than 1 more game and I don’t see any way this team can beat the Saints.

And a game against Seattle.

17 minutes ago, hepcat said:

The real question is, should they shut down Christian McCaffrey? Or let him go for his records and subsequently risk injury in a lost season.

Should we?  Absolutely.  Will we?  No, unless word comes down from Tepper.  Same goes for Luke as well.

Ron and Marty know they are on the hot seat, there is not a reason in the world for them to preserve any of the players on this roster at this point, in their minds.

Hell, Tepper had to come down on Marty last season to finally force Ron to sit Cam when it was clear as day that he couldn't play football any longer.  Ron nor Marty have a spine, starting to wonder the same about Tepper.

24 minutes ago, Mage said:

To be fair he wanted Tomlin fired

That’s what I’ve heard here before. But I’m still not sure that he will want to toss RR out mid-season. That’s a bit reactionary, and perhaps warranted, but being reactionary isn’t always the best way to guide a business. Will RR get whacked? Probably. But I just can’t see it happening mid season. 

7 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Nah. CMC needs to continue playing, as I’m counting on him for outside purposes. He needs to atleast go until week 14.

MJ just recently said that NBA players are paid to play 82 games, speaking out against load management. CMC is paid to play all 16.

This is precisely what dumb teams do, which we are one.  But that's neither here nor there.

What jumped out at me in this post is you are listening to MJ about smart basketball moves?

Archived