• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Feeling like a Lame Duck December

Jeremy Igo

Only reason I pause when considering RR’s immediate firing is that Tepper is the owner. He came here after being part owner of a franchise that sticks by its HCs for the long haul, and while he may not subscribe to that same mentality, I wonder if he believes that’s part of the Steelers’ long-term success. Not that RR won’t get whacked in the off-season (as I believe he will) but I don’t see it happening mid-season. 

40 minutes ago, jtm said:

Panthers fans have become way too soft. Team is 5-5 and everyone is ready to give up?

Don't kid yourself about what is going on. Coaches have lost the locker room. Players don't care. For so many years Cam was able to keep us in games and mask our flaws. Without him we cant overcome poor coaching and bad defense. We are done. Didn't watch yesterday and won't watch anymore this season. Tired of watching garbage football

Just now, OriginalPantherDan said:

Only reason I pause when considering RR’s immediate firing is that Tepper is the owner. He came here after being part owner of a franchise that sticks by its HCs for the long haul, and while he may not subscribe to that same mentality, I wonder if he believes that’s part of the Steelers’ long-term success. Not that RR won’t get whacked in the off-season (as I believe he will) but I don’t see it happening mid-season. 

I don't think Tepper went from dirt poor to self made billionaire with a mentality like that. Also I am positive he would like to get his staff in place and start fresh. He was right to stick with Hurney and Rivera for the time he did. This offseason will bring a lot of changes

The way I see it.........you first root for your team to make it into the playoffs............then of course for a SB.

Or if your team cannot make it to the playoffs then you root for them to lose out and get the best possible draft pick......

Its either one choice or the other............because there is no interest hoping for wins of meaningless games that lay in between those two options...........

The draft picks encourage this kind of apathy.....................and as a result make teams either a boom or a bust for the fans and regional economic impact they represent.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Any long time Huddlers remember the feeling of 2010 Holiday Season?

Am I the only one that is starting to get that same tingle in my balls? 

Starting to feel like Rivera's departure is a foregone conclusion and any current game should be watched in the context of what it means for next season. 

You nailed it man! I certainly have that "it is what it is vibe" as of lately. May as well insert Clausen, excuse me, Grier. However I'm very grateful Cam essentially is not playing this year because Ron needs to be accountable for this. What's this the 4th blowout in 16 games now?

I don't know if yesterday was RR not getting the team ready to play. The early INT, then Reggie dropping a big pass in ATL territory. Another INT near the end zone, sacks, etc. You could feel the energy going out of the players and stadium each series. Over throws and more sacks and INTs just poured it on. How much of that is RR? He may be gone and maybe changed is needed but he was not out there making mistakes. In fact he went for it 2x on 4th down and got it. 

5 minutes ago, cbully said:

You nailed it man! I certainly have that "it is what it is vibe" as of lately. May as well insert Clausen, excuse me, Grier. However I'm very grateful Cam essentially is not playing this year because Ron needs to be accountable for this. What's this the 4th blowout in 16 games now?

The one thing I think everyone on the huddle can agree on now.  Cam made the absolute right decision with sitting himself.  My God with a hurt foot he would literally ruin any type of career he has left in him behind this line.  Good move Cam; you must have seen this coming!

2 hours ago, KillerKat said:

Feels like 2009 again. If Rivera were retained next season then yeah it'll be 2010 again. A year which I didn't watch and I would again not watch again if he is still here next season.

That is my thought as well.  IF changes aren't made, next season is the 2010 season, not this one.

I'm certain that changes will be made, just hope Tepper has the balls that I was hoping were there when he acquired the team.

Yesterday may have been the worst performance I've seen from a Rivera team, no adjustments, no fire and no real sense of concern. To lose at home to Atlanta in that fashion is inexplicable, follows the pattern of post bye losses and a general inability to make gametime adjustments on offense and defense. 

“ron is lame duck status” is really funny to read considering that if you were to say this in july the ingroup would drag it out on you for 18 pages. and if tepper decides to give ron and marty another freebie year there’s going to be another about face in the offseason and everybody is going to act like the panthers are such a finely run organization and they’re going to eat worlds in the fall.

basically proves that this community is a fuging joke

Archived