• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Allen presser transcript - Falcons game

Jeremy Igo

Quarterback Kyle Allen

RE: Personal performance overall
Poor decision making. From the first quarter, three interceptions in the first half puts us in a horrible position. I think it’s just poor decision making and I’ve talked about this before. Turnovers are not going to give us any chance to win. So, my decision making has to be better.

RE: Did you feel the Falcons’ defensive line was getting to you?
That’s a talented defensive line. We knew that coming into the game, but I had enough time to make a lot of those throws and I missed a lot of them today. So, the accuracy and the decision making just has to be better from me.

RE: Increasing passing accuracy
Learn from it. Just have to learn from the mistakes, go back and look at the film and understand what happened exactly and try not to repeat the mistakes. I think that’s the main thing of why we are not winning these games is because the turnover differential is not in our favor in the last four games or so. It’s like I said, I am not putting the team in a position to win by turning the ball over.

RE: Did the Falcons’ defense do anything surprising?
Nope. They did exactly what we thought they were going to do.

RE: Interceptions
They’re all tough. No interception is good, especially in the red zone.

RE: Were you trying to throw the ball away on the first interception?
Yes.

RE: Were you expecting your receiver to go deep on the third interception?
Just tried to throw with timing and it came out high.

RE: Head Coach Ron Rivera said you were trying to do too much, do you agree?
Yeah. I just have to take what’s there for us. I think especially on the second interception in the endzone, second down, it was the same thing as the Green Bay game. I either have to get the ball down or run it. I have to take these things as learning experiences and understand that I can’t make these same mistakes because it ends up with us losing the game.

RE: Balance between learning as a young quarterback and winning games
Yeah. I just have to play good football if this team wants to win. I said this last week, it doesn’t matter how old I am or how many starts I have. This is a really good football team and if I keep turning the ball over, it’s not putting us in position to win. So, I have to learn those things in the film room and on the practice field so that it doesn’t happen in the game. I just need to play better. It doesn’t matter how old I am.

RE: Did you consider running the ball on the second interception?
Yeah. I just stepped up and thought I could make a throw and the corner undercut the ball. It was a good play by him. I should have stepped up and ran it.

6 minutes ago, MountaineerChemist10 said:

You can tell in his dialogue he wants to say very badly "My O-line is trash!"

Alot of the sacks and pressure Kyle gets is on him not stepping up in the pocket and not seeing blitzes with unblocked guys.  So he can say the o-line is trash all he wants but he makes them look a lot worse than they are. 

22 minutes ago, Wolfpack352 said:

Yeah no one cares kid.  Wink.

You should we could have had an actual contributor with our 3rd round pick vs a guy the staff thinks can’t beat out more turnovers than TDs which means Hurney fuged us again 

5 minutes ago, WoahW said:

You should we could have had an actual contributor with our 3rd round pick vs a guy the staff thinks can’t beat out more turnovers than TDs which means Hurney fuged us again 

Trust me I care.  i spend too much time yelling at the TV not that it changes anything.  I wanted Kyle benched it was bad.  But I am still a believer that it is a team effort and we're in for more dismal seasons if we don't shore up that O-Line, regardless who is back there.  I even believe Cam is smart enough to say F-it I'm sitting out because he has taken too many hits with this swiss cheese line.  But who knows.  I just get tired of seeing the line getting slapped around constantly.

Cam huggers in her love to trash Allen but the Kid is learning with a line not even Newton could succeed with and a coach and GM more than willing to throw him under the bus for losses they should take responsibility for. The fact is Allen should be able to rely on his line and RB to take the load off him and he doesn't have that luxury. 

16 minutes ago, WoahW said:

Agreed. I think Will was the one of the top 100 (give or take a couple of slots) in the draft. That's a pretty high investment for a team coming off of a 7-9 season and starting QB coming off of season ending shoulder surgery. 

I think most of us assumed that selection meant that he would be the #2 QB on the roster going forward, or possibly the franchise guy if Cam leaves the team after his contract expires in 2020. We all wanted Cam to return to his pre-injury form this season. But, Cam getting hurt this year gave the team an opportunity to see what it has in Will.  Had he come in an played like Josh, we'd know that he is an effective back up at worst and possibly a starter under certain circumstances. Not playing him has made that pick practically worthless. Based on how this year has turned out we could have used that pick to bolster the O-line, D-line, LB core, or secondary. 

5 minutes ago, Snake said:

Cam huggers in her love to trash Allen but the Kid is learning with a line not even Newton could succeed with and a coach and GM more than willing to throw him under the bus for losses they should take responsibility for. The fact is Allen should be able to rely on his line and RB to take the load off him and he doesn't have that luxury. 

Why are you pooing on me?  Did you read what I said?  I said the team would unjustifiably lack patience.  Unpoo me immediately you penischeese.

Archived