• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Tepper needs to make a statement today.

Jeremy Igo

21 minutes ago, SOJA said:

We should have fired Rivera two seasons ago. There was no excuse not to fire him last year. Now it would just be asinine to keep him. 

Moving on from Cam this offseason would also be idiotic but if some team gives us a couple first rounders for him and there are questions about his longterm health I'd be ok with it. 

But if we keep rivera and go into next season with Allen as our starter we are setting ourselves up to be the worst team in the league 

#1 pick here we come.

Is it possible for us to draft a letter to Tepper from a large contingent of the Panthers fanbase effectively saying that if Ron Rivera is the head coach next season, we will be boycotting the team and the stadium will be empty? That’d be amazing if it was possible.

7 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Is it possible for us to draft a letter to Tepper from a large contingent of the Panthers fanbase effectively saying that if Ron Rivera is the head coach next season, we will be boycotting the team and the stadium will be empty? That’d be amazing if it was possible.

Please make this happen. There has got to be a way to get this message to David Tepper. Ron Rivera and his  s h i t  eating grin has got to go right now!!!

22 minutes ago, Malt Liquor said:

Please make this happen. There has got to be a way to get this message to David Tepper. Ron Rivera and his  s h i t  eating grin has got to go right now!!!

Play like today with missed blocks stupid penalties and stupid interceptions are symptoms of poor coaching Time for a change in coaching and some players need to go including Reid 

32 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Remember when the “fire Shula” banner flew over the stadium. Maybe something like that.

2 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

Remember when the “fire Shula” banner flew over the stadium. Maybe something like that.

It never actually flew over the stadium, there were mysterious “mechanical problems” with the plane the day the plane was due to fly over the stadium. But I think the threat was enough. It is time to fly the “Fire Rivera” banners at the games

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

This is completely unacceptable. 

We need to hear from the owner who thought rolling with this coaching staff another year was a good idea.

Step to the microphone, Mr Tepper

His next statement needs to start with the following:

"Yes, I made a mistake.  Retaining an utter mediocrity to continue his mediocre ways was not a productive move as an owner, I see that now.  I am 100% responsible for the mediocrity you see this season.  That's on me.  But we're gonna fix it.  And the first step of that fix is to thank Coach Rivera for his service to the Carolina Panthers organization thus far but excuse him from any further responsibilities as head coach of the Carolina Panthers."

11 minutes ago, hepcat said:

It never actually flew over the stadium, there were mysterious “mechanical problems” with the plane the day the plane was due to fly over the stadium. But I think the threat was enough. It is time to fly the “Fire Rivera” banners at the games

Probably because the FAA put a TFR (temporary flight restriction) over football stadiums during games. Not any joe blow towing a sign can fly over a stadium. 

And if you don’t get clearance from KCLT well your SOL.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

One particular play that griped my ass was the deep bomb to Julio. Luke is a undoubtedly a great LB and actually had very good coverage on the play, but no defensive call should ever lead to any LB one on one deep with Julio Jones.

The Cons offensive coaches schemed Luke onto Julio multiple times in the game.

Because they can read Rivera like a book.  And adjustments on-the-fly are not and never have been inside Rivera's wheel-house.

Archived