• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Tepper needs to make a statement today.

Jeremy Igo

newton_david.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

David NewtonESPN Staff Writer 

Panthers safety Eric Reid said Sunday's loss to Atlanta was not Kyle Allen's fault even though the quarterback threw four picks. But, Reid said regarding Carolina's decision not to send a representative to Colin Kaepernick's tryout in Atlanta, ‘‘I think we could use Colin's help. I think every team in the league could use Colin's help.''

Just now, TheSpecialJuan said:
newton_david.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

David NewtonESPN Staff Writer 

Panthers safety Eric Reid said Sunday's loss to Atlanta was not Kyle Allen's fault even though the quarterback threw four picks. But, Reid said regarding Carolina's decision not to send a representative to Colin Kaepernick's tryout in Atlanta, ‘‘I think we could use Colin's help. I think every team in the league could use Colin's help.''

With all due respect to Eric, what would Kaepernick do to help the Packers or Ravens or Texans or Chiefs or any other team with a top tier starting QB?

One thing he has to keep in mind that when he's lobbying for a player to be signed, he's also in effect lobbying for a current teammate to lose his job.

3 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

This game will be the nail in the coffin for the Rivera/Hurney era. Look at it that way and it's really a positive result. We're not going anywhere without Cam, a losing season is better than another 8-8 season.  

Hope you are right but I think we need to lose out.  This teams needs as high a pick as possible.

29 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The only way we could do that is if our future GM is currently sitting on the couch at home. You can't just hire someone out of another team's front office mid-season.

No but you can line it up for 12:01 am after week 17

We should have fired Rivera two seasons ago. There was no excuse not to fire him last year. Now it would just be asinine to keep him. 

Moving on from Cam this offseason would also be idiotic but if some team gives us a couple first rounders for him and there are questions about his longterm health I'd be ok with it. 

But if we keep rivera and go into next season with Allen as our starter we are setting ourselves up to be the worst team in the league 

1 hour ago, SportsCrazie4172 said:

We went from last week Kyle Allen was pretty incredible today to David Tepper needs to make a statement..

No, sir!

They thought Allen was incredible. I gave up on him being "incredible" weeks ago.

He is incredible as a starting QB. Shoot, after today, his credibility as our backup is highly questionable.

31 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

This game will be the nail in the coffin for the Rivera/Hurney era. Look at it that way and it's really a positive result. We're not going anywhere without Cam, a losing season is better than another 8-8 season.  

We’re not going anywhere with Cam either. I don’t see a world where a QB like Cam wants to play the last year on his contract under A new coach and system. If Rivera is fired, his best move would be to ask for a release.

Archived