• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Donte a NFL corner?

Jeremy Igo

Donte is a good football player. Donte also has a gigantic ego. Donte will learn and adjust, I think, but it will be a slower journey than for somebody like JB who is a bit more reserved. Sophomore slump is real, especially for somebody who has generally played well and started feeling himself some.

Just now, lightsout said:

Donte is a good football player. Donte also has a gigantic ego. Donte will learn and adjust, I think, but it will be a slower journey than for somebody like JB who is a bit more reserved. Sophomore slump is real, especially for somebody who has generally played well and started feeling himself some.

Didn't they say he was hard headed in that Panthers series from his rookie year? I agree he could just be slumping and he has too much talent to throw away (they invested a second rounder, they're gonna give him every chance to play)

Just now, ImaginaryKev said:

Didn't they say he was hard headed in that Panthers series from his rookie year? I agree he could just be slumping and he has too much talent to throw away (they invested a second rounder, they're gonna give him every chance to play)

Yeah the All or Nothing bit showed him being pretty stubborn and not even wanting to take much direction from the DB leadership when they tried to help him. He's young and talented and knows it, and at DB and WR you have personalities like that sometimes so you have to accept it and coach around it so long as it isn't causing direct harm to your team. I think he'll be fine, but next year is his prove it year. If he plays like this the rest of this season, he'll need to play like a top DB or be relegated to being quality depth for some other team.

Archived