• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Donte a NFL corner?

Jeremy Igo

I just said this in the other thread: He has the skills (I believe). He just doesn't have the fundamentals or discipline. He's not as good as he thinks he is, and if he is, he surely hasn't been good consistently. He needs competition. I think he has to have a come-to-Jesus moment about his erratic play. He needs to study up, tighten up, STFup & play corner how it's supposed to be played. 

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Let's be fair, he's been burned repeatedly this year. He absolutely has to improve his consistency. Way too much feast or famine in his game right now.

We literally had Josh Norman not to long ago. Include that Jackson was injured this week in practice or at least showed up as injured could contribute to that. He’s in year 2 and has shown flashes that he can be a good CB 

1 minute ago, Growl said:

All or nothing really didn't depict him as the most coachable guy

That's one of my concerns. A lot of the really cocky guys aren't exactly coachable. Norman was that way for the first three seasons then when he finally bought in he looked like the best CB in football... for one season.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

In hindsight, it's fair to question whether or not Norman was a bit of a one year wonder.

I don’t know about that, he was a beast here for a year and a half and was still very good in Washington his first year there before slowing down. He’s an interesting case because he was really old when he broke out. I think if he had stayed here in our scheme he’d have had 3-4 elite years for sure.

Archived