• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A Kyle Allen Film Analysis through the Green Bay game

Inbound Insights

This has been a tough year for Panther nation with Cam Newton's injury and QB controversy it has sparked. It started with the mainstream sports network trying to create a story out of nothing and it seems as though they have succeeded in parts. 

All we kept hearing is how we should trade Cam and keep Kyle...Dont get it twisted, I love Kyle Allen and he has surpassed all expectations as far as his play. But we all know his ceiling is limited compared to Cam's. 

So I spent hours creating this Film analysis to further explore just how good Kyle is, but also to expose some weaknesses in his game so we can get a slightly more balanced opinion. 

Do you guys think Kyle is a starting QB in the NFL, a franchise QB, or just a stand in until Cam gets back?

Great video.

One minor nitpick: there is a reference to the number of fumbles allen has.  Very valid criticism and a major problem be must ensure is taken care of.  But not all fumbles are lost and not all of Allens have been, so a fumble is not always worse than an interception.

The 

On 11/14/2019 at 11:05 AM, Inbound Insights said:

Do you guys think Kyle is a starting QB in the NFL, a franchise QB, or just a stand in until Cam gets back?

I think we don’t know yet. While he has flashed some intangibles that suggest his ceiling may be higher than just backup qb, his overalll numbers are below average. I think it’s entirely possible that he could develop into a starting quality qb. I also think it’s entirely possible he could turn out to be a flash in the pan who is exposed over time by NFL defenses as they get more and more tape on him. I’m pretty skeptical of any assertion that what he will become is already knowable.

Solid video overall.

Actual gameplay analysis is so much better than just throwing out comparisons about how one time another QB underperformed.

I do think people maybe read a little too much into the pass velocity stuff. We've been running an offense predicated on the vertical passing game for the better part of a decade, that's why you've seen heaters from Newton. He started off his career that way with Chudzinksi.

In terms of our current offense, we are absurdly lucky to have a talent like McCaffrey in the backfield. Cam Newton didn't see a 1,000 yard rusher in his offense until 2015. Allen has walked into an offense with arguably the best back in the league.

6 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Solid video overall.

Actual gameplay analysis is so much better than just throwing out comparisons about how one time another QB underperformed.

I do think people maybe read a little too much into the pass velocity stuff. We've been running an offense predicated on the vertical passing game for the better part of a decade, that's why you've seen heaters from Newton. He started off his career that way with Chudzinksi.

In terms of our current offense, we are absurdly lucky to have a talent like McCaffrey in the backfield. Cam Newton didn't see a 1,000 yard rusher in his offense until 2015. Allen has walked into an offense with arguably the best back in the league.

And one of the worst olines we have ever had. A line who injured Cam on his first game back. I don't think people realize just how bad that line is because of Allen's pocket awareness and movement. 

5 minutes ago, Snake said:

And one of the worst olines we have ever had. A line who injured Cam on his first game back. I don't think people realize just how bad that line is because of Allen's pocket awareness and movement. 

Nothing new for the Panthers unfortunately. Either we overcome it or we falter and have to wait yet another 2 full years to see if we can finally attain back to back winning seasons. It's up to the staff to put these guys in a position to succeed.

19 minutes ago, Snake said:

Smh everyone is a film guru now. 

Well I am, but not the kind of film you're thinking about. Wanna hear my rant about the absurdity of Shakespeare in Love winning Best Picture instead of Saving Private Ryan?  It's what I do to compensate for not being the sort of manly man who can diagnose why the RPO works better against a base 3-4 than a matchup zone with one guy covering the point guard.

40 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Solid video overall.

To be fair, Cams first few years we had Stew and Dwill and they combined for 1500 yards in 2011 and they exceeded 1000 most other seasons... plus Tolbert.

But our receivers outside Smith were awful... Lafell lol

Edit: and Cmc is far better than double trouble ever was... heh

Archived