• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Talking Falcons - What do you know?

Jeremy Igo

Just now, Captain Morgan said:

watching the game last week, I was reminded that the Falcons have a ton of talent, especially on offense.  Clearly it's a coaching mental thing with them.  But after stomping the Saints, I started worrying that maybe they are just now coming together.  Sure hope I'm wrong.

It was certainly a huge confidence boost for them.  It makes them very dangerous especially since the have had Rons number since the end of 2015.  Being owned by a coach that's going to be fired doesn't look good on ones resume.

They have a horrible pass rush statistically so maybe Kyle can get comfortable in the pocket for a change... depends on who we have starting on the o-line

Freeman is out so whoever their backup is he will look like a future HOFer

Our secondary is banged up, Julio could see another 300 yard game.

If we lose to the Cons the season is over. I don’t care if we’re still “mathematically “ in it .

You will see Riverboat rolling the dice Sunday

just announced that Hooper will miss about a month ...our second game against them is 4 weeks from this Sunday.

Update on the MCL sprain suffered by #Falcons TE Austin Hooper: He’s expected to be out about a month, source said. Not great news for the NFL’s leader in catches at his position.

5 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Sunday we host the lowly Falcons. Should be an easy game, right?

Not so fast. Statistically it is pretty close... 

Untitled-1.jpg

So what are you looking for on Sunday? What are our biggest advantages and obstacles? 

To make it simple...this is the nfl and a divisional game i dont take their record for granted and dont see this as easy. However i think this is a must win game along with all of our home games left and most away games. We need to sweed the falcons and at worst got 1 and 1 with the saints , a sweep if we want the division and not just a wildcard. If this team sures up its run defense somehow then i think we can beat anyone tho they have known the problem for far too many weeks now. KA has advances enough that he and the offense shoule be able to do their part...lets hope for greg little or daley to be healthy.

4 hours ago, mc52beast said:

They have a horrible pass rush statistically so maybe Kyle can get comfortable in the pocket for a change... depends on who we have starting on the o-line

Freeman is out so whoever their backup is he will look like a future HOFer

Our secondary is banged up, Julio could see another 300 yard game.

If we lose to the Cons the season is over. I don’t care if we’re still “mathematically “ in it .

You will see Riverboat rolling the dice Sunday

Freeman's backup is also out.....so we will be technically facing the 4th and 5th string RBs.   The 5th string is an old disappointing Panther.  Which will really hurt if Kenyon Barner gets in and gashes us. 

No matter what happens, it's a win win for us. If Panthers win, we are still in the running for the playoffs and we get to slap our balls on Falcon Fans. If we lose, it might finally be the last straw for this regimen AND it might be enough for Quinn to retain his job after winning against back to back division foes.

Obviously I hope we win as I HATE losing to the Falcons, but the consolation prize isn't bad for the future.

1 hour ago, bmoshx said:

The falcons focused on the run game can the saints.  If they continue to do that against the panthers, this game is a toss up.  Hell, it’s a divisional game, it’s going to be a toss up regardless.

Every team we play focuses on the run....that doesn’t really mean anything unless you got GT talent to actually shut it down.  CMC should have a standard game vs them. 

One reason it worked okay vs NO is they aren’t healthy at RB. .  Kamara’s first game back and they were selective in his usage.  The 4 carries  by Kamara weren’t because of Atlanta’s great run D.  

Archived