• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

In hindsight, should Rivera/Hurney have been retained for the 2019 season.

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm still not ready to predict what's going to happen this offseason. I know what I feel should happen.

Jourdan Rodrigue has said that up to now, Tepper has been concentrating on the business side of things. This year he plans to concentrate on the football side, so that's something.

Something good or something bad, I guess we are about to see.

People talk about the trouble of having to start over and rebuild.

Thing is, you're probably going to have to do that anyway. By putting it off, all you're doing is having another year or more of mediocrity between now and then.

I'd rather just rip the Band-Aid off and go ahead and get started.

4 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Yeah, I'm afraid that once Tepper starts getting into the football side, we aren't going to like it. We don't need another meddling owner 

From what's been reported, Tepper may well be the prime mover in the decision to move on from Newton.

That's probably going to leave a fair number of people feeling something other than warm and fuzzy.

Just now, uncfan888 said:

Yeah, I'm afraid that once Tepper starts getting into the football side, we aren't going to like it. We don't need another meddling owner 

Yeah, the history of that is just bad. I am not looking forward to it. We just have to hope we have the exception and not the rule. The fact that he is rumored to have already interjected into the Cam decision without even having a new GM and/or HC weigh in on it is pretty scary already, IF that indeed actually happened. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

From what's been reported, Tepper may well be the prime mover in the decision to move on from Newton.

That's probably going to leave a fair number of people feeling something other than warm and fuzzy.

Oh yeah. That's already got a bad taste in my mouth. Hope we aren't heading into Jerry Jones territory

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, the history of that is just bad. I am not looking forward to it. We just have to hope we have the exception and not the rule. The fact that he is rumored to have already interjected into the Cam decision without even having a new GM and/or HC weigh in on it is pretty scary already, IF that indeed actually happened. 

If he were to part with Newton but hang on to Rivera, Hurney or both, I could see some folks...

...expressing disapproval :Eyes_Emoji_42x42:

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If he were to part with Newton but hang on to Rivera, Hurney or both, I could see some folks... expressing their disapproval.

Yeah and even if we move on from all three we all maybe even more unhappy. The grass is only greener if you are headed to a field, Tepper might have us headed towards a mud hole. 

I am very nervous about all of this.

Archived