• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is the bigger concern going forward this season?

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, TheRed said:

The Packers longest runs were 28 and 16 yards.

Their 3 rushing touchdowns were from 13 yards out, 5 yards out, and from the 1 yard line.

This revisionist narrative that they were gashing us for enormous gains is just not reality. They torched us off good field position mainly.

It's more of how many 7+ yard runs they had. It felt like there were at least 10 of them, a lot which came on first down. They were also able to eat up the clock. I can't even remember having the ball in the 2nd quarter. 

50 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Plus does anybody know what Eric Washington actually does? :thinking:

Last I heard he was focusing on the D-line again. If that's the case, it's not producing results.

Washington is a helluva DL coach but is not nearly cut out for DC. Having him call the D while "focusing" on the DL is not doing him or the defense in general any favors. And I put that on Rivera who should have been able to discern this first place and certainly after last year's failures.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'll ask what I asked elsewhere. This is a question that a lot of people don't want to touch for sentimental reasons, but we probably do need to ask it.

Sam Mills III is officially our DL Coach even if he somewhat shares duties with Eric Washington.

What do we think of the job he's doing?

In my opinion we need to hit the reset button on the whole coaching staff. And that's to bad because I think we really have some good positional coaches that will lose their shirts due to Rivera's shortcomings. But this staff still appears to be operating under the old regime's archaic philosophy and not sure its a winning formula for the modern NFL. I think it will be in Tepper's best interest to put his stamp on this franchise by making major changes this offseason. 

2 hours ago, Wolfpack352 said:

Hahaha....hey guess what....Russel threw a damn inteception too during crunch time at 49ers vs Seahawks game......good god it fuging happens to them all.  But he hung in there and still managed to finish the game because of the TEAM effort.  Kyle made mistakes and still hung in there and brought us close to tieing the game against Greenbay in the freaking snow....but the TEAM effort especially run D was piss poor and sadly CMC couldn't punch it in due to a miss block!!!  It feels like we're the only team that can give up a freaking 3rd and 10 or 12 or even 19 every damn time, it is infuriating!

Bc russell is a magician. I’ve seen him done stupid ass magic to the panthers before. Kyle ain’t Russell

1 minute ago, Prowler2019 said:

In my opinion we need to hit the reset button on the whole coaching staff. And that's to bad because I think we really have some good positional coaches that will lose their shirts due to Rivera's shortcomings. But this staff still appears to be operating under the old regime's archaic philosophy and not sure its a winning formula for the modern NFL. I think it will be in Tepper's best interest to put his stamp on this franchise by making major changes this offseason. 

I know it's sentimental and not at all objective, but I'd keep meals in some capacity. 

Probably as an assistant to an assistant or something like that, but yeah...

Archived