• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is the bigger concern going forward this season?

Jeremy Igo

1. Coaching   2. Run Defense   3. O-line  

Our coaching game plan seems to be whatever they come up with prior to the game. I don't see a lot of adaption during the game or match ups on either side of the ball. But since coaching isn't going to change right now, I'd like us to address Run Defense. We're getting gashed obviously. When you're giving up 6-9 yards a clip on runs, especially 1st downs, your chances of winning the game seriously takes a hit.

I'll ask what I asked elsewhere. This is a question that a lot of people don't want to touch for sentimental reasons, but we probably do need to ask it.

Sam Mills III is officially our DL Coach even if he somewhat shares duties with Eric Washington.

What do we think of the job he's doing?

39 minutes ago, TheRed said:

The Packers longest runs were 28 and 16 yards.

Their 3 rushing touchdowns were from 13 yards out, 5 yards out, and from the 1 yard line.

This revisionist narrative that they were gashing us for enormous gains is just not reality. They torched us off good field position mainly.

LOL! We're dead last in the NFL in yards allowed per carry. It's a recurring theme 

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'll ask what I asked elsewhere. This is a question that a lot of people don't want to touch for sentimental reasons, but we probably do need to ask it.

Sam Mills III is officially our DL Coach even if he somewhat shares duties with Eric Washington.

What do we think of the job he's doing?

I don't think I can single out the DL enough to blame him, that's what I think. I think our defensive issues are bigger than a positional coach.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't think I can single out the DL enough to blame him, that's what I think. I think our defensive issues are bigger than a positional coach.

Plus does anybody know what Eric Washington actually does? :thinking:

Last I heard he was focusing on the D-line again. If that's the case, it's not producing results.

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

LOL! We're dead last in the NFL in yards allowed per carry. It's a recurring theme 

Goes back to the head coach overall. We're limited by not only our defense but our offensive line that has been one shitshow to another minus maybe 1 or 2 seasons in his time here. And that's with 2 different general managers and multiple coordinators.

But in the short term if we want to win against anyone for the remainder of our schedule we are going to have to limit turnovers.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

if I were Rivera, I might be tempted to tell everybody he was whether he actually was or not.

Oh he is.  Ron thinks he can hide that fact but the proof is in their performance or lack thereof.  It's no coincidence that they look eerily the same as they did last season under Washington's control.  Ron hates to admit he's wrong about Eric and will do anything he can do force the guy into the DC role.

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

If you could choose one of these issues, which is the bigger obstacle on the way to glory?

QB Play

or

Run Defense

Us Winning games this year, Run D no question. 

For Future purposes I’m far more interested in QB play. 

the three biggest issues this year though is: 

1. Run D

2. O-line

3. everything else

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Oh he is.  Ron thinks he can hide that fact but the proof is in their performance or lack thereof.  It's no coincidence that they look eerily the same as they did last season under Washington's control.  Ron hates to admit he's wrong about Eric and will do anything he can do force the guy into the DC role.

They definitely look like Washington’s defense from last season, but if Ron is truly coaching for his job, why would he let EW continue to call the shots?

Archived