• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Huddle Mod Nominations

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Why? For what purpose? Whether people or disagree with you is irrelevant. Whether a noble cause or an unhealthy obsession is irrelevant.

This. Is. A. Goddamn. SPORTS. Message. Board.

You have the entire fuging internet and all of social media to take up your cause and solider on but why the fug are you doing it in a goddamn sports message board? WTF is wrong with you people? 

I agree with you. I don’t know that Philly guy but he was pretty immature yesterday. He better not be a mod

5 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

if the tinderbox gets deleted i'm going to direct my rage against racists and nazis in the mains until it's unbearable and i get permabanned

and i swear to god every piece of copy paper in this town is going to have the f word on it

You could just get a job at MSNBC......just saying.

Just now, PhillyB said:

sports and politics have always intersected bruh. it's always been that way and always will be. you can't bake a cake and take the eggs back out, and that's why attempts to police it have been largely unsuccessful.

Nothing that you just described is a classic example of that. This isn't about Jesse Owens or Jackie Robinson or Tommie Smith. It's just you and your anger. None of this has to do with a noble cause, it's just you. But why should the rest of us who want to talk about football and the Panthers have to be subject to your angry crusade? This is just you imposing your will upon everyone else without any regard for anything BUT yourself. What good is that?

3 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

sports and politics have always intersected bruh. it's always been that way and always will be. you can't bake a cake and take the eggs back out, and that's why attempts to police it have been largely unsuccessful.

The problem with the Tinderbox is you guys have your little wars over there, then they spill over into the main forum. 90% of us have no idea what's going on because we don't step foot in there

3 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

The problem with the Tinderbox is you guys have your little wars over there, then they spill over into the main forum. 90% of us have no idea what's going on because we don't step foot in there

i can understand the frustration there. the problem IMO is an institutional refusal to lock down legit hate speech. the only person i spill over into main forum stuff with is ecu88 because he's been dumping nazi poo on these boards for years and had somehow gone unchecked. this whole thread exists because he was deliberately shitposting in the gameday thread and i called him a stormfront poster and he responded by posting my address and pictures of my house, then begged igo to block me for him (even though he can do that himself, he just doesn't want to own his emotional reactions.)

again, decide what is definably racist (proud boy avatars, lynching avatars, fascist icons, racial slurs, etc) and ban for it, no exceptions, and most of these issues will simply solve themselves.

Archived