• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Huddle Mod Nominations

Jeremy Igo

7 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

not only was he allowed to post after it was brought to the attention of the mods but he's the same poster who was menacingly posting pictures of another user's home and address in the game thread on sunday. what if i told you that maybe, just maybe, the tinderbox people you hate so much might just have a point

When have I ever said that you didn't have a point? I didn't weigh in on the issue other than to complain that I didn't want to hear about it in a damn sports topic. This isn't the court of public opinion, we literally have moderators here to discuss that with. The overwhelming majority of us probably find that individual's behavior unacceptable but why do we need to be reminded of it in every thread?

That leads me to the general problem I have with you. You cannot avoid piling into a thread and derailing it when you see someone you have some previous grudge with. Then you proceed to engage and summarily destroy all the civility in the thread while you and your target fire back and forth. It. Gets. Old.

We all see stuff we don't like, unless it is TRULY beyond the pale and NEEDS to directly be address(which you should be doing with a moderator) there is largely no reason to engage in these incessant pitched battles in these forums. Please keep that in the Tinderbox and just cool your jets when you step into the other forums. Engage in some restrain and civility when you see the people you don't agree with in here if they are not acting out of hand. You know, the way you would in "real life?"

12 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

i wish i could have enjoyed the years of our generational qb without the thinly veiled (and not so veiled at all) racism. it's really odd that so many posters accuse the anti-racists of perpetuating racism when they're literally the only people on this forum trying to root it out

You don't think the rest of us see that? You honestly don't think the bulk of this fanbase is pretty aware of the kind of thought processes that obviously go into some of the anti-Cam arguments? But ask yourself this, what fuging good does it do to follow people around hollering "RACIST POS!" at them? I spent my early 20's doing that poo IN REAL LIFE and you know what it accomplished? fuging NOTHING. It didn't change one mind and it generally annoyed everyone else around me. Just LET. IT. GO.

People are entitled to their opinions, wrong or otherwise. Just fuging ignore them. It's made my life much easier.

40 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

i wish i could have enjoyed the years of our generational qb without the thinly veiled (and not so veiled at all) racism. it's really odd that so many posters accuse the anti-racists of perpetuating racism when they're literally the only people on this forum trying to root it out

I have never used racism to define our QB. Cam was a generational talent. The question of whether he can remain as such moving forward seems to drag racism into the conversation. I don’t get it. He was and still is a generational talent in my mind. Is he the solution for Carolina moving forward? I don’t know, but what about skin color changes that decision? People flip out over skin pigmentation, which has nothing to do with desire, heart, and ability.

7 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

the things i have mentioned are much bigger issues than you having to read my posts, sorry. i can’t take you seriously if you prioritize getting rid of the tinderbox over immediately without question getting rid of the nazis and taking every step to eliminate the racist undercurrent on this forum because the nazis and the racism aren’t a product of the tinderbox. they operate freely outside of it and they’re often the posters who want the tinderbox gone. there wasn’t a call out thread for ecu when he was posting in the main forum with a picture of a lynching in his avatar so forgive me for shitting on your or anyone else’s attempt to call out tinderbox posters. the fact that our posts draw more anger than his posts is exactly the problem with this board.

OMG. You aren't having any impact on the world with your Carolina Huddle keyboard warrior crusade. Do you actually realize that? The problem with this board IS people like you who cannot get past the fact that shitty people are going to exist everywhere. If you have a LEGITIMATE problem with the content that some idiot is spewing on here ADDRESS IT WITH THE GODDAMN MODERATORS. What in the hell do you expect us to do about it, exactly? Other than making us pissed at you for derailing every topic, in what world are you winning people over? You enter threads constantly and instantly attempt to make them less civil. It's not productive behavior in a forum that isn't inherently lacking in civility. It doesn't make you better than these unsavory individuals you are hunting, it fuging basically makes you like them. And, my God, have you ever actually spent any actual time on the internet? YOU ARE PLAYING INTO EXACTLY WHAT THESE TROLLS WANT.

4 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

if they were taken care of by the mods no one would “follow them around” anywhere. do you think i don’t understand what you’re doing here? to you the tinderbox is a problem the mods and admins should address. but the racism? “just LET. IT. GO.”

That's not a problem I can fix. You have to address that with Jeremy or the moderators. Perhaps for whatever reason they are not finding them quite as offensive as you are, I really don't know. And, yes, in REAL LIFE you are going to have to learn to let some of that racist behavior go. It's a lesson I learned over a lifetime is that you cannot perpetually be a loud social warrior at every moment. There is LITERALLY no point on the internet because it accomplishes less than zero. In REAL LIFE, it can be a noble and brave thing to do in the right context. For just day-to-day common bias, you just have to let some of that slide or you are going to stress yourself out into an early fuging grave. Pick your battles if you want to win the war. No individual battle is worth losing the war over. 

Side note, if you want to continue this debate and discussion, why don't we take this to PM or some other format so that we don't do exactly what annoys me so much in here? I am more than happy to engage you in a civil and constructive debate on this stuff but I don't want to flood this forum or even this thread with our attempts to work out our differences.

1 minute ago, philit99 said:

I have never used racism to define our QB. Cam was a generational talent. The question of whether he can remain as such moving forward seems to drag racism into the conversation. I don’t get it. He was and still is a generational talent. Is he the solution for Carolina moving forward? I don’t know, but what about skin color changes that decision? People flip out over skin pigmentation, which has nothing to do with desire, heart, and ability.

Cooter just puts "thinly veiled racist" on anyone he/she wants to call a racist. It doesn't require any proof and gives him this very faint shield of defense. It's a major dick move, but it's his/her go to one. 

No matter how much praise you may have lauded on Cam throughout the man's career, if you've ever even questioned a single pass he made, there's your "thin veil". 

It's sad. Cam's one of the great players of the game and certainly one of the standouts from this generation that will be talked about for decades to come. Maybe, in the future, any discussion of his greatness and his weaknesses can be done as just about what the man has accomplished on the field without people focusing it through the lens of race. 

2 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Cooter just puts "thinly veiled racist" on anyone he/she wants to call a racist. It doesn't require any proof and gives him this very faint shield of defense. It's a major dick move, but it's his/her go to one. 

No matter how much praise you may have lauded on Cam throughout the man's career, if you've ever even questioned a single pass he made, there's your "thin veil". 

It's sad. Cam's one of the great players of the game and certainly one of the standouts from this generation that will be talked about for decades to come. Maybe, in the future, any discussion of his greatness and his weaknesses can be done as just about what the man has accomplished on the field without people focusing it through the lens of race. 

That's pretty much it. There absolutely exist fans in this fanbase and others that do not like him for bigoted reasons but they are pretty fuging obvious people for the most part. 

But the constant need to accuse every critic of racism is completely counterproductive. It serves no purpose at all.

2 hours ago, rodeo said:

i honestly think you'd be surprised to see that the people you're thinking of are not really tinderbox people. a few of them, certainly, but a lot of them not.

for example, LinevilleGeorge, who a lot of people are clamoring for to be a mod, is also a tinderbox regular.

Former regular. My TB activity has been minimal in recent weeks. The futility of that place finally fully sank in for me.

Archived