• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Huddle Mod Nominations

Jeremy Igo

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I don't spend enough time in there to know who are the regulars, so perhaps that is true. I just know he's using that same sort of uncivil, trolling behavior that is so incredibly frequent in that place. And I also realize that if you killed the Tinderbox and literally banned every single regular user in there, it wouldn't be a magic wand. 

Maybe it's not as frequent as you think.    But mostly, it's kept in there by the regulars and doesn't go into the main forum.    These are other people.

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't spend enough time in there to know who are the regulars, so perhaps that is true. I just know he's using that same sort of uncivil, trolling behavior that is so incredibly frequent in that place. And I also realize that if you killed the Tinderbox and literally banned every single regular user in there, it wouldn't be a magic wand. 

i honestly think you'd be surprised to see that the people you're thinking of are not really tinderbox people. a few of them, certainly, but a lot of them not.

for example, LinevilleGeorge, who a lot of people are clamoring for to be a mod, is also a tinderbox regular.

2 minutes ago, TheRed said:

kungfoodude there's only one type of huddler you are finding yourself in complete agreement with regarding the tinderbox and "civility". It's not a good look at all.

Yeah, I think if you look at the recent poll that was posted in here the large majority are in favor of getting rid of that place. It's a fuging sports message board. There is no(save ad revenue/traffic) reason to even have something like that around, IMO. It just brings in trolls and people with bad intentions.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, I think if you look at the recent poll that was posted in here the large majority are in favor of getting rid of that place. It's a fuging sports message board. There is no(save ad revenue/traffic) reason to even have something like that around, IMO. It just brings in trolls and people with bad intentions.

Mob mentality.    They probably have the same incorrect idea like you have that the ones frustrating you are tinderbox regulars, but they aren't.   You yourself above admitted you aren't in there often but at the same time say the ones that are annoying you use these tactics in the tbox "frequently".    

2 minutes ago, rodeo said:

i honestly think you'd be surprised to see that the people you're thinking of are not really tinderbox people. a few of them, certainly, but a lot of them not.

for example, LinevilleGeorge, who a lot of people are clamoring for to be a mod, is also a tinderbox regular.

I didn't know that. He seems pretty well behaved in here so I guess I just made an assumption that he was not. And, in complete fairness, I have never known you to be anything but civil in here so until someone mentioned it in this thread, I did not think you spent a lot of time there either. 

I will freely admit that my distaste for that place probably makes me stereotype everyone there as a troglodyte. 

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I didn't know that. He seems pretty well behaved in here so I guess I just made an assumption that he was not. And, in complete fairness, I have never known you to be anything but civil in here so until someone mentioned it in this thread, I did not think you spent a lot of time there either. 

I will freely admit that my distaste for that place probably makes me stereotype everyone there as a troglodyte. 

i am a troglodyte but i consider it completely unrelated to my time there, i think it developed separately

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

There may come a day where the huddle no longer have use for the tinderbox. That's an inevitability.

As far as the presence of "politics" in general in discourse, like even sports here for example, I don't think that layer is going anywhere anytime soon in an online world with an ever increasing amount of trolling and dog whistles.

Your wish of having a politics free world of sports discussion just isn't realistic in a soon to be 2020 version of America. That definitely isn't changing anytime soon with a certain election around the corner.

4 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

none of the posters who upset you so much are the ones posting nazi frogs. ecu88 used to post in the main forum with an avi of a dead antifa pepe hung from a tree. there are definitely “typical chan” posters here but it ain’t the anti racists. i don’t see you complaining about those posters much lol

I complain about you guys only because you like to derail threads with non-topical discussions and bickering. It's too frequent. Whether realize it or even believe it, I am probably completely with you on about 98% of the issues that you are pushing. I just get tired of hearing about it in one of the few places that I come to escape all that partisan ideological bickering. It just gets old.

But, yeah, if that guy had obviously violent or threatening imagery as his avatar? That shouldn't even be a discussion, that should be an immediate ban. It's abhorrent. 

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

There may come a day where the huddle no longer have use for the tinderbox. That's an inevitability.

As far as the presence of "politics" in general in discourse, like even sports here for example, I don't think that layer is going anywhere anytime soon in an online world with an ever increasing amount of trolling and dog whistles.

Your wish of having a politics free world of sports discussion just isn't realistic in a soon to be 2020 version of America. That definitely isn't changing anytime soon with a certain election around the corner.

I am not even anti-political discussion as long as it relates to sports. The kneeling and Kaepernick discussions are obviously VERY related not just to sports but the actual topic of this forum. That said, sensitive topics like that should DEFINITIVELY be HEAVILY moderated in the sports forums because they can degenerate into mayhem and just a general lack of civil behavior so quickly.

So, I am not even trying to wash this place clean of relevant political discussion, I just want to stamp out immature and unproductive behavior. Whether people realize it or not, you can have a serious, adult politics discussion with people you don't agree with. I do it all the time......in person. It's where people actually have some sense and behave like an actual human being.

2 minutes ago, TheRed said:

It is quite sad that one cannot enjoy sports without the worn out topics of racism, sexism, or politics. Everyone has an opinion they just can’t leave the colored shades off, either red or blue. I have never seen our country so divided and it was done on purpose. I long for the days of enjoying the gridiron without the overtones.

2 minutes ago, philit99 said:

It is quite sad that one cannot enjoy sports without the worn out topics of racism, sexism, or politics. Everyone has an opinion they just can’t leave the colored shades off, either red or blue. I have never seen our country so divided and it was done on purpose. I long for the days of enjoying the gridiron without the overtones.

That's my ultimate hatred of this all. The division is completely intentional but no matter where people stand on the issues, they refuse to rise above it and actually stand together. I come here to have a simple respite from the day-to-day wedges being driven by politicians, lobbyists, corporate media entities, nefarious "alternate" media entities, social media engineers, foreign influences, etc, etc, etc, etc. 

We already get bombarded with that stuff on a second by second basis. If you allow all of that nonsense to rule your life and you willingly give into the storm, then the storm will become you as well. 

Archived