• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Huddle Mod Nominations

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

I’ve stayed out of this post but I do want to drop my two cents. I’ve posted here for 13 years and seen the ebbs and flows, and met my share of Huddlers in person. 

In my opinion, none of us should be moderators. A good moderator should be unemotional, follow a clear set of guidelines and rules, and enforce them. The best moderator would probably not be a Panthers fan (to remove emotion from the equation), or even be a regular poster. They should just review reported content, and act according to the rules. They should probably be paid a little bit for their time, but that can’t always happen.

It's an interesting idea.

7 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I’ve stayed out of this post but I do want to drop my two cents. I’ve posted here for 13 years and seen the ebbs and flows, and met my share of Huddlers in person. 

In my opinion, none of us should be moderators. A good moderator should be unemotional, follow a clear set of guidelines and rules, and enforce them. The best moderator would probably not be a Panthers fan (to remove emotion from the equation), or even be a regular poster. They should just review reported content, and act according to the rules. They should probably be paid a little bit for their time, but that can’t always happen.

I'm with you there.  A fellow decade plus poster (however one that changed his name too much for people to recognize and doesn't quite offer any substantial informative posts) Beechlander, Beach, Kahakai, Davos...lol

I also propose we try an experiment and make the Sax guy one for a week and see how far down the rabbit hole we go. 

Overall, the non emotional is the way to go. Hard to find around these parts :)

Linville seems fine.  Let's do that.  @Zod make it happen

@Jase @Kurb @rayzor 

1 minute ago, davos said:

I'm with you there.  A fellow decade plus poster (however one that changed his name too much for people to recognize and doesn't quite offer any substantial informative posts) Beechlander, Beach, Kahakai, Davos...lol

I also propose we try an experiment and make the Sax guy one for a week and see how far down the rabbit hole we go. 

@Jase @Kurb @rayzor 

I remember some of those names.

Every time I see your current screen name, I think of this guy.

200px-Davros_Wisher.png

4 minutes ago, davos said:

@Jase @Kurb @rayzor 

Haha yea, I wonder how many people have the same name as when they started. My original username was “ganja” lol. I think I changed when the forum migrated in 2008

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

See, I can't agree with that.

Igo has cracked down on bad behavior before. I've never seen it make a significant difference in the board traffic

He has cracked down but not on the gang who promotes the tinderbox and basically calls everyone either Trump,a racist, or a nazi. They are long term posters and they have been allowed to do whatever they want while others take the fall. This last off season I really considered just leaving after they had me banned several times for nothing more than not allowing them to bully me. If you enforce bad behaviors it has to go for everyone. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I remember some of those names.

Every time I see your current screen name, I think of this guy.

200px-Davros_Wisher.png

It was a change midst my GoT nerd climax.  I kind of like the indiscreet approach.  I come for the info, some convo, and don't mind playing around with the mocks and speculation.  Don't need a reputation! #huddlewallflower

Just now, davos said:

It was a change midst my GoT nerd climax.  I kind of like the indiscreet approach.  I come for the info, some convo, and don't mind playing around with the mocks and speculation.  Don't need a reputation! #huddlewallflower

I can guarantee you any Game of Thrones reference is probably gonna be something I won't recognize :)

10 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Haha yea, I wonder how many people have the same name as when they started. My original username was “ganja” lol. I think I changed when the forum migrated in 2008

I remember there were a fair deal of long timers that changed names with the full reboot back then.  We should just do it again!

Realizing how long I've been using the board is making me think of the adventures that I've endured since. Woooah man this is crazy.   

U4F.gif

Archived