• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Huddle Mod Nominations

Jeremy Igo

I'm out. What I would propose would never go over because we'd probably lose at least a quarter of our posters. My argument would be that we'd end up more than making up for that loss over time with better quality posting free from constant trolling that would attract new users but yeah, the site would definitely see a sharp decline in traffic in the short term.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm out. What I would propose would never go over because we'd probably lose at least a quarter of our posters. My argument would be that we'd end up more than making up for that loss over time with better quality posting free from constant trolling that would attract new users but yeah, the site would definitely see a sharp decline in traffic in the short term.

Yeah and we also don't see the revenue from what that sewer of a forum generates. It's a sad, sad fact that the true degenerates who regularly populate that place are so addicted that they probably buoy this place more than the legitimate fans ever will. 

Look at this thread alone and see how they permeate every fiber of this place. IMO, that has to stop if this place is ever going to be able to be a true home for Panthers fans. If not, I will second your idea from the other thread, it's time for a legitimate competitor. Some place where we can be free from all this nonsense.

15 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Quality over quantity. I like it. 

53 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Well just out of curiosity, what would you propose?

(and why would it drive so many people off?)

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I am guessing imposing reasonable behavior. That might reduce the amount by about 30%. For reference, view the current poll in this forum.

See, I can't agree with that.

Igo has cracked down on bad behavior before. I've never seen it make a significant difference in the board traffic

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Well just out of curiosity, what would you propose?

(and why would it drive so many people off?)

Tinderbox? Gone.

Politics in the main forum? Warning, 24 hour ban, 1 week ban, permaban.

Single issue posters? You know the ones I'm talking about. The ones who try to make every thread a Cam can Kyle thread. Same approach as politics.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Tinderbox? Gone.

Single issue posters? You know the ones I'm talking about. The ones who try to make every thread a Cam can Kyle thread. Same approach as politics.

I'm not too sure that would drive off as many people as you think.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Tinderbox? Gone.

This x100,000,000. 

I’ve stayed out of this post but I do want to drop my two cents. I’ve posted here for 13 years and seen the ebbs and flows, and met my share of Huddlers in person. 

In my opinion, none of us should be moderators. A good moderator should be unemotional, follow a clear set of guidelines and rules, and enforce them. The best moderator would probably not be a Panthers fan (to remove emotion from the equation), or even be a regular poster. They should just review reported content, and act according to the rules. They should probably be paid a little bit for their time, but that can’t always happen.

Archived