• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Huddle Mod Nominations

Jeremy Igo

13 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

We need someone like Kurb and Jesse.  People who do not put up with garbage.  We need communism back on huddle.  This forum have too many nice mods.  My pick is Squirrel.  He reminds me of Lenin.

Haha, but I dont like TheRed. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't doubt that.

When I was younger, I was more than willing to throw down with discussions on controversial topics. But as I've gotten older (and faced some health problems) I found I really just didn't enjoy it anymore.

And that's the thing. This is a discussion board. Not a mission field.

It's supposed to be fun.

If you genuinely think doing something on this board is going to help change the world for the better, you probably have a little too high (and possibly somewhat delusional) opinion of yourself.

I mean maybe something YOU find fun isn't the same as other people.      I don't find shuffle board that fun for instance, but I don't think it should be removed from everything.

4 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

I mean maybe something YOU find fun isn't the same as other people.      I don't find shuffle board that fun for instance, but I don't think it should be removed from everything.

Given the number of complaints, I'd say a lot of people don't find the current state of things fun.

I'll repeat an example I said elsewhere: Suppose a group of very religious people came into the forum and tried to turn every discussion onto the topic of their religion.

You could say they're sincere. You could say they're passionate about their cause. They might even be good people and they could certainly say that what they're talking about is very important (people's eternal souls and such).

But would you really want that?

How is what we're seeing now any different from what you'd see with religious zealotry?

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Given the number of complaints, I'd say a lot of people don't find the current state of things fun.

I'll repeat an example I said elsewhere: Suppose a group of very religious people came into the forum and tried to turn every discussion onto the topic of their religion.

You could say they're sincere. You could say they're passionate about their cause. They might even be good people and they could certainly say that what they're talking about is very important (people's eternal souls and such).

But would you really want that?

How is what we're seeing now any different from what you'd see with religious zealotry?

You're talking about a few posters here.     Just deal with those.    Then make it a three month timer to post in TBOX.     Problem solved.    Fix it with a scalpel not a grenade.   

If only people were this up in arms over the thinly veiled racist comments and whatnot in the main that TRUMP any tinderbox leakage by tenfold.    

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You're kind of an instigator :)

But if I recall correctly, you mostly did the mod job well.

Well it used to be fun stirring the pot.  But that was back when you could have a debate without someone going into full bashing mode.  Try to debate now and all I hear is the same boring replies.

Archived