• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Huddle Mod Nominations

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, onmyown said:

I’d imagine it’s easier to prey on and feels more empowering to blindside a football forum where user’s purpose/interest isn’t to be informed to debate such things. Plus you watch the Panthers it’s a win win. The social sites geared towards tinderbox topics simply would be too much of a challenge and not give the attention/satisfaction needed to put tinderbox internet warriors.

I am sure these same guys are trolling Twatter, the sewers of Facebook and the Chans. That the problem and why I am so strongly in favor of shutting the Tinderbox and starting to ban for Tinderbox antics in the rest of the forums. Yes we might lose some long tenured posters but I honestly believe that the Tinderbox crowd is just damaged goods. They will inflict their brand of hate and discontent everywhere because they are incapable of disengaging from all of their anger.

1 minute ago, Doc Holiday said:

Understand. For the record, imo you’re the most respected Poster on here.  Definitely have my respect, and think you’d make a fine mod if you ever changed your mind.

Appreciate the thoughts.

We don't always agree but I find you reasonable and respectable as well.

26 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Out of everyone that's been suggested, I think @KB_fan is the best choice, though she may be too busy. @Cracka McNasty would be a good choice as well.   I've always wondered about the name though.

I have little patience for trolls & people who have problems with truth (which is one reason why the only time I don the Tinderbox with my presence is when a thread is moved from the main forum).

The name was funny when I came up with it 15 or so years ago. I've asked about changing my name before. I'm 100% open to moving on from it.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I said to someone else (forget who) that believing their personal crusade was so important that they couldn't even allow people to have a simple football conversation made them kind of douchey.

It's true.

There are loads of places all over the Internet to talk politics and whatever. Trying to shoehorn that in to a football conversation is just annoying.

I'm pretty sure if you had people with hardcore religious views trying to turn every conversation about football to that, people wouldn't like them.

Unfortunately, some of the people who would be upset about that are doing the exact same thing with their political views.

It's ultimately selfish behavior. It is the basic assumption that the world revolves around them and that all their issues, beliefs, views, feelings, etc should be at the forefront. I swear it is unreal as a society how hateful and selfish people have become. Reasonable debates and discussions on the internet are almost impossible. 

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

It's ultimately selfish behavior. It is the basic assumption that the world revolves around them and that all their issues, beliefs, views, feelings, etc should be at the forefront. I swear it is unreal as a society how hateful and selfish people have become. Reasonable debates and discussions on the internet are almost impossible. 

Exactly.

Sometimes people just want to forget about the world and its problems (and their own problems) and just talk about football.

Listening to some folks, you'd think that was a sin.

26 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Nah. That's way out of line. I hate Steven with a passion but I'd never try to find his address or house. It's just an internet forum

How does the other guy know his address if they both weren’t close? Philly said something immature to piss the other guy off. And that’s what he gets. Both of them are childish. Get those crap out of here. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Exactly.

Sometimes people just want to forget about the world and its problems (and their own problems) and just talk about football.

Exactly and when the panthers lose, it doesn’t help but at least not act like high school idiots on here. Clear example: Philly 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Exactly.

That's it. We get bombarded with this stuff enough as it is. Let us have this space to NOT have to deal with the ills of the modern world and have the welcome distraction that sports offers. 

Not to mention, if you want to have a real, honest political or religious discussion with someone, it needs to be in person. Once you remove the anonymity, people are actually generally pretty reasonable in person. I have had many a political, economic, religious or other serious discussion across the country and the world. It's amazing how easily you can converse with someone you don't agree with on these issues and it's even more amazing that you typically have much more in common with them than different. We are all just humans. 

Would there be a need for another Mod if the Tinderbox was scrapped? It is that unrealistic because of the traffic&ads it generates? I dont go there and I haven't see anything good come from there so I have no idea why this is a thing when the internet has a plethora of places to be openly awful and unaccountable. 

Just now, Waldo said:

Would there be a need for another Mod if the Tinderbox was scrapped? It is that unrealistic because of the traffic&ads it generates? I dont go there and I haven't see anything good come from there so I have no idea why this is a thing when the internet has a plethora of places to be openly awful and unaccountable. 

Igo could always shut it down for a month or two and just see what happens.

Mind you, people just take their bullsh-t to other forums, then you have to deal with those people.

Archived