• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Allen's game is improving.

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, KaseKlosed said:

Tell me this how many points did Green Bay score off Kyle Allen turnovers? 

Oh no?!?  Ya mean that kind of poo happens?  No way?  The young man who is still learning and improving still shrugged it off and got back into the game.  Tell me this...did our "vaulted" D force turnovers to give our Offense to score off of?

5 minutes ago, Wolfpack352 said:

Oh no?!?  Ya mean that kind of poo happens?  No way?  The young man who is still learning and improving still shrugged it off and got back into the game.  Tell me this...did our "vaulted" D force turnovers to give our Offense to score off of?

You can't speak truth on here dude, you get called out to be a troll. Then people get in other people's business on here when they should keep to themselves.

1 hour ago, KaseKlosed said:

Kyle Allen is being asked to be a game manager. nothing more. We will be 8-8. That is our ceiling for having a game manager. Cam was asked to win us the game in all phases. Kyle Allen is just going with 1 to 2 reads then dump it off. He is not being asked to be the hero. 

Cam was a game manager last year.

In case some folks haven't noticed it, Kyle Allen already is a starting QB in the league and he doesn't have a QB competition intrigue going until maybe after the season.

The term game manager gets thrown around a lot, because people think it's some kind of knowledgeable statement. Game management is a skill and a very necessary one. The Kid has that going for him. He also has decent accuracy, some mobility and a growing capability within the pocket. He also has a winner's attitude and has shown a willingness to bet on himself.

We've also seen him march a team 99 yards down a field in London for a score and 90 yards at Lambeau in the snow and come up just half a yard short of a potential tying score as time ran out. You don't get those kind of drives out of a QB who doesn't have that elusive "it" factor.

Kyle will be a starting QB next year, maybe here, maybe not. We all talk about how Cam will be traded but think about the trade value of Kyle Allen. If he signs the contract we offer (and as an exclusive rights player he really has no choice), we're going to be fielding calls about will we trade him and what would it take? Imagine teams like Miami, Tennessee, Cincinnati, Tampa Bay and Chicago who really do not have a starting quality QB and how he'd be a better choice than throwing a first round draft pick at the second or third QB to come off the board, a guy they may not be able to quickly coach up to Allen's quality.

Me, I'd like to see him stay in house here, but he's already proven himself better than most of the rookie and second year QBs playing out there, with the exception of a very select few. Someone will take a chance on Cam (maybe even us) but they are going to look at Allen as a sure deal.

1 minute ago, Khyber53 said:

In case some folks haven't noticed it, Kyle Allen already is a starting QB in the league and he doesn't have a QB competition intrigue going until maybe after the season.

The term game manager gets thrown around a lot, because people think it's some kind of knowledgeable statement. Game management is a skill and a very necessary one. The Kid has that going for him. He also has decent accuracy, some mobility and a growing capability within the pocket. He also has a winner's attitude and has shown a willingness to bet on himself.

We've also seen him march a team 99 yards down a field in London for a score and 90 yards at Lambeau in the snow and come up just half a yard short of a potential tying score as time ran out. You don't get those kind of drives out of a QB who doesn't have that elusive "it" factor.

Kyle will be a starting QB next year, maybe here, maybe not. We all talk about how Cam will be traded but think about the trade value of Kyle Allen. If he signs the contract we offer (and as an exclusive rights player he really has no choice), we're going to be fielding calls about will we trade him and what would it take? Imagine teams like Miami, Tennessee, Cincinnati, Tampa Bay and Chicago who really do not have a starting quality QB and how he'd be a better choice than throwing a first round draft pick at the second or third QB to come off the board, a guy they may not be able to quickly coach up to Allen's quality.

Me, I'd like to see him stay in house here, but he's already proven himself better than most of the rookie and second year QBs playing out there, with the exception of a very select few. Someone will take a chance on Cam (maybe even us) but they are going to look at Allen as a sure deal.

I'm not sure you would see much trade value for Kyle Allen. Definitely nothing that would ever warrant trading him away. We'd be stupid to trade him away, even if we did bring back Cam.

A lot of young guys get their confidence shaken when they make mistakes (Clausen did). One thing you can say for Kyle Allen, he doesn't. It's like watching a fighter get knocked down by a vicious punch and then stand up like nothing happened.

That's an underrated quality.

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I'm not sure you would see much trade value for Kyle Allen. Definitely nothing that would ever warrant trading him away. We'd be stupid to trade him away, even if we did bring back Cam.

While I agree that it would be stupid to let Kyle go, if you were the coach/GM of the Bears, Bengals, Dolphins or Titans, you wouldn't be looking at your current roster and how well your scouts have done in evaluating QBs and thinking Allen would be a bargain? Each of those teams are definitely going to be in the mix for a QB pick early, maybe very early, in the draft. 

3 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

While I agree that it would be stupid to let Kyle go, if you were the coach/GM of the Bears, Bengals, Dolphins or Titans, you wouldn't be looking at your current roster and how well your scouts have done in evaluating QBs and thinking Allen would be a bargain? Each of those teams are definitely going to be in the mix for a QB pick early, maybe very early, in the draft. 

Yeah but they also probably look at Kyle pretty similarly to the way most of the Panthers fans do. He's a pretty limited upside younger guy who has some very attractive intangibles(poise being the biggest) and some very obvious flaws. I am not sure he is the guy I would sell the farm for to make my franchise QB, especially if you are in a position to be able to draft and groom your own QB through the draft that does have a much higher ceiling(although higher risk, as well). 

It's probably not a formula that would make a team pony up anything near the level of draft pick that the Panthers would likely want. 

Archived