• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Allen's game is improving.

Jeremy Igo

On 11/11/2019 at 7:27 AM, philit99 said:

Oh he will be a starter. I think he has a great upside. Some people think he is similar to Case Kennan or Kirk Cousins. I actually agree, I think he is similar to both, he could end up being a journeyman, but he will be a starter in this league.

Somebody here at The Huddle a long time ago referred to a generic, regular-old journeyman QB as “Caucasio McLunchpail” when discussing our QB situation. I guess I see Kyle in that role. Is he decent? Sure. Do I want him to succeed? Of course. Do I think he’s The Guy to finally deliver Carolina a SB? Unfortunately...no. I want excitement and game-breaking potential at QB, exactly what Cam brought when he was healthy and dialed-in.
I really thought Cam would be the guy to bring Carolina a Lombardi or two, but that seems to have fallen off the radar. And while I will root for Kyle, or whoever the QB is here next year, I still hope that QB brings some excitement and potential to the game, and not a Caucasio McLunchpail-type who gives us fans a view into what perpetual mediocrity looks like, if the Panthers aren’t there already. 

13 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

By the end of the season we will have our answer to the question: Is Kyle Allen good enough to be our starting QB next season.

My prediction would be no, we will take the cap hit and keep Cam next year. 

No we won’t, Tepper has already decided Cam is gone.  Write it down.  

2 minutes ago, OriginalPantherDan said:

Somebody here at The Huddle a long time ago referred to a generic, regular-old journeyman QB as “Caucasio McLunchpail” when discussing our QB situation. I guess I see Kyle in that role. Is he decent? Sure. Do I want him to succeed? Of course. Do I think he’s The Guy to finally deliver Carolina a SB? Unfortunately...no. I want excitement and game-breaking potential at QB, exactly what Cam brought when he was healthy and dialed-in.
I really thought Cam would be the guy to bring Carolina a Lombardi or two, but that seems to have fallen off the radar. And while I will root for Kyle, or whoever the QB is here next year, I still hope that QB brings some excitement and potential to the game, and not a Caucasio McLunchpail-type who gives us fans a view into what perpetual mediocrity looks like, if the Panthers aren’t there already. 

I am not sure I agree with your take but "Caucasio McLunchpail" almost made me spit coffee all over my computer.

7 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, that's one thing that felt kind of new to me last game. Other than ducking under Watt in the Texans game, I don't remember Allen being that slippery.

If that's something that he's added to his skill set, it's a good thing.

Agree.  Allen looked a lot more aware of the pocket and the rush.  He navigated well despite some rather poor play from our O Line, especially after Daley went out.

He's continuing to grow, and that's encouraging.  No, he doesn't have the same ceiling as a rookie CN1, but the situation could be soooooo much worse.

12 minutes ago, OriginalPantherDan said:

I hate to break it to you but the Panthers have been there since inception.

On 11/11/2019 at 7:16 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

Cam Newton thinks Kyle Allen keeps getting better. I agree with him.

If Allen can just cut down on the fumbles while he gains more experience, I still don't think you can rule him out as a full time starter in this league.

FB_IMG_1573474467779.jpg

His game is far from perfect, but having played only a handful of games he looks better than the vast majority of NFL rookies have looked. If he can continue to improve he deserves a chance to compete for a starting job in this league. 

Kyle Allen is being asked to be a game manager. nothing more. We will be 8-8. That is our ceiling for having a game manager. Cam was asked to win us the game in all phases. Kyle Allen is just going with 1 to 2 reads then dump it off. He is not being asked to be the hero. 

7 minutes ago, KaseKlosed said:

Kyle Allen is being asked to be a game manager. nothing more. We will be 8-8. That is our ceiling for having a game manager. Cam was asked to win us the game in all phases. Kyle Allen is just going with 1 to 2 reads then dump it off. He is not being asked to be the hero. 

Your right...Cam has been asked to win us games.....still waiting on that.  :eyeroll:

Kyle is improving and that is good, he gave us a shot late in 4th quarter but I blame this on defense, those gashing runs just unacceptable.  

14 minutes ago, Wolfpack352 said:

Your right...Cam has been asked to win us games.....still waiting on that.  :eyeroll:

Kyle is improving and that is good, he gave us a shot late in 4th quarter but I blame this on defense, those gashing runs just unacceptable.  

Nobody will give him credit. Kyle will be the starter next year. You heard it here first.

31 minutes ago, Wolfpack352 said:

Tell me this how many points did Green Bay score off Kyle Allen turnovers? 

Archived