• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hey there! Did you know you can ignore people?

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I use a VPN pretty consistently but people will get tired of the game eventually if you squash them enough. It wouldn't be any less effective than the current system. 

You and I would probably give up fast but I think the real trolls actually enjoy it

30 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

People are just less civil in general because of the quagmire of horrifying behavior that the modern political discourse has become. Keeping a forum which allows that kind of awfulness was bound to have spill over into every other message board. The ease of access will allow them to attack and snipe at each other across the entire site.

The bulk of us want to talk sports and have a respite from the daily nonsense that we are already subject to from a viciously polarized society. Sports smack talk and arguing can be fun(and frustrating) but the political/religious talk has extremists that are so virulent it casts a negative pall over this entire community and it builds mortal enemies. 

IMO, the Tinderbox is a virus that has infected this entire site. I very much have considered leaving this place because the constant political bickering, trolling and personal attacking that has become a regular part of this forum. I don't have a good answer to replace the traffic generated by that sewer, I really don't. If I have any that present themselves in the future, I would happily offer them up. Perhaps you can come to us as a community and ask for suggestions of other forums we would like to have. Places where we can share similar interests without the unholy flood of negativity. 

This is a big part of it.

Ideas used to be debated. That's not true anymore. Rather than debate the actual substance of anything, the go to strategy these days is to attack the person and if possible bully and harass them into silence. Basically, what a lot of The Tinderbox crowd actually does.

I think most of it stems from leaving the tinderbox mad and fighting on a new field. I think banning certain people on both sides of arguments would settle a bunch. I know in the off season all the group who hangs in the tinderbox had to do is report someone and they saw no punishment while the victims got banned. If you want to regain control either the box has to go or that group will need a ban. Their long time members so idk how well that will go. 

5 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

chuds can’t ignore because their problem isn’t that they have to read the posts they don’t like. they don’t want anyone else reading them either. good posters can’t ignore because how do you ignore a neonazi like ecuHH menacingly posting your address and pictures of your home

Can we add neo nazi to the change list. I suggest "bad dude". 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

This is a big part of it.

Ideas used to be debated. That's not true anymore. Rather than debate the actual substance of anything, the go to strategy these days is to attack the person and if possible bully and harass them into silence. Basically, what a lot of The Tinderbox crowd actually does.

Yeah, it's a product of a larger issue with society and then the general anonymity which you and 1and10 have already highlighted. Debates on the internet largely devolve into a race to the bottom. 

5 minutes ago, Snake said:

I think most of it stems from leaving the tinderbox mad and fighting on a new field. I think banning certain people on both sides of arguments would settle a bunch. I know in the off season all the group who hangs in the tinderbox had to do is report someone and they saw no punishment while the victims got banned. If you want to regain control either the box has to go or that group will need a ban. Their long time members so idk how well that will go. 

Just simply shutting the place down and not offering a safe haven for that sort of behavior is the best solution. Culling the herd will not do much while the platform still exists. 

1 hour ago, ARSEN said:

Get rid of Tinderbox... problem solved.  Do not mix sports and politics.  Watching PhillyB and Ecu88 going after each other is beyond ridiculous.

lol please. i occasionally call him on his fringe alt right bullshit or bad football posts and he posts pictures of my house and address. dude has gone full joker.

if nothing else you could just block both of us and you won't be bothered

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, it's a product of a larger issue with society and then the general anonymity which you and 1and10 have already highlighted. Debates on the internet largely devolve into a race to the bottom. 

Yep.

These days, people don't just disagree with each other. They literally hate other people for no other reason than having different political ideas and they do. It also results in trying to portray anybody who even has a slight disagreement as being an extremist.

It's a reason why a lot of the harassment occurs. People get on a crusade to stop their evil opponents from doing anything, even something as simple as discussing football. Basically, "you don't deserve to discuss football (or do anything else fun) if you don't agree with my beliefs".

And of course, if you're losing a football argument oh, you can always just resort to trying to portray the other person as something hateful.

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Just simply shutting the place down and not offering a safe haven for that sort of behavior is the best solution. Culling the herd will not do much while the platform still exists. 

Very true. I swear some people are always 100 on here. Like you joke and they get super offended or you disagree and it becomes to the point you have to out bully them. I think both may need to happen because once the tinderbox is gone they will flood the Panthers fourm looking for a fight. 

It's one thing when it's new posters being idiots. But I'm gonna put a few vets on blast:

@Snake@GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER@uncfan888@mjligon@steven8989

Y'all's bickering has really been the catalyst to this ridiculous Kyle vs Cam crusade that's engulfed this place.

Grow up and stop stoking the flames if you really want this place to change.

imagine if GJBC posted mr scot's apartment address with a photo of his front door. he'd be IP banned in an instant.

my suggestion to solve this problem is to determine what views warrant bans and if alt right views are one of them, to ban them and then you won't have tinderboxers out here pulling swords

1 minute ago, PhillyB said:

imagine if GJBC posted mr scot's apartment address with a photo of his front door. he'd be IP banned in an instant.

my suggestion to solve this problem is to determine what views warrant bans and if alt right views are one of them, to ban them and then you won't have tinderboxers out here pulling swords

You seriously want to make political viewpoints a standard for banning people from football discussion?

Archived