• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hey there! Did you know you can ignore people?

Jeremy Igo

8 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

So many of the squabbles on here are the same handful of people going at it thread after thread after thread. 

So I have an idea. What if we all fixed the problem together and just chose to ignore the people you know you don't want to hear more from?

Simply hover over their icon, click "ignore user". 

Thats it, you don't need to be bothered by them ever again. 

(Sadly, you can't ignore me. I feel you, I have tried for years)

thank god. Good bye TheRed, That other fuger I can't remembers name that always brings up Kalil and that's it. Everyone else is okay with me. 

Here's a solution:

1. Keep TB as is

2. Two week-long ban for anyone who posts a religious/racial/politically-charged or referenced post in any of the other forums (This includes anyone who counters said posts - report it, ignore it, move on - don't stoop, because it's just not worth it)

3. Make sure we as a community actually report said posts that we find to be along those lines, because the mods can't see everything that goes on here. They are not omniscient all-seeing beings here, they are people just like you and me who volunteer to help keep this place cleaned up. It's up to all of us to make this place better by doing our part as posters and members of this online community by reporting prohibited posts (If you don't think it is, most likely, you are a part of the problem, and not the solution).

4. As a mod, make sure to read all multiply-reported complaints. We know you guys can't hunt down every single post, and us expecting that would be silly. But the ones that are repeatedly reported should get some attention, in order to make a judgment call for a ban or not.

The TB guys can still have their place to vent/talk/sling whatever at each other, while the folks who don't want to partake aren't forced to do so. This way, everyone is happy to a point (because, let's be honest, there's no way to make everyone happy), and those that don't want to follow this path, can find a new home as well, whether by their choice or not.

20 minutes ago, Raskle said:

Here's a solution:

1. Keep TB as is

2. Two week-long ban for anyone who posts a religious/racial/politically-charged or referenced post in any of the other forums (This includes anyone who counters said posts - report it, ignore it, move on - don't stoop, because it's just not worth it)

3. Make sure we as a community actually report said posts that we find to be along those lines, because the mods can't see everything that goes on here. They are not omniscient all-seeing beings here, they are people just like you and me who volunteer to help keep this place cleaned up. It's up to all of us to make this place better by doing our part as posters and members of this online community by reporting prohibited posts (If you don't think it is, most likely, you are a part of the problem, and not the solution).

4. As a mod, make sure to read all multiply-reported complaints. We know you guys can't hunt down every single post, and us expecting that would be silly. But the ones that are repeatedly reported should get some attention, in order to make a judgment call for a ban or not.

The TB guys can still have their place to vent/talk/sling whatever at each other, while the folks who don't want to partake aren't forced to do so. This way, everyone is happy to a point (because, let's be honest, there's no way to make everyone happy), and those that don't want to follow this path, can find a new home as well, whether by their choice or not.

I'd have two slightly different amendments.

One, instead of full on bans, just deny users who violate the rules access to the football forums. They can still post elsewhere, but can't muck up the football discussion.

Two, offer the option that they can "serve out their sentence" or pay a fee to have their access restored (amount can be dependent on the severity of the offense, but should be enough to be a deterrent).

Its against my beliefs to ignore anyone. No complainants, Ive just been watching good posters after good posters leave here with all the forced drama.

Panthers forum should be only Panthers talk. Not drooling mouth breathers posting in the litterbox with turd-like run-off on the main board. 

Archived