• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hey there! Did you know you can ignore people?

Jeremy Igo

3 hours ago, Montsta said:

Just a heads up from a moderators perspective. We did warnings and 24 hour bans and then 48 hour bans to a lot of people in the off-season leading up to this year. The people that join and in 24 hours are clearly trolls have gotten banned for life. Believe it or not, those people are not the problem. 

The problem is that we have a lot of posters with solid history that beef with other posters because of perceived slights, and they no longer look at the content of each other’s posts, it goes straight to talking poo. And each one of them would swear on a stack of bibles that the other is the problem. Some people here are so god damn self righteous that they can’t even acknowledge their role in getting this board to its current state. It really is a microcosm of today’s political culture. Talking about different points of view has gone the way of the dodo. It’s cliques and other bullshit. It’s the equivalent of “These kids today are lazy” and “ok boomer”. 

I have tried, but some people on here have almost turned into caricatures, almost intentionally going off the deep end. So if people want me to start heavy handed banning people they don’t agree with, they just need to remember the next time they call someone on here retarded or something and get the perma ban themselves. 

But what will that do? Everyone will start threads flaming me because they think I sided with someone and am out to get them. Honestly Jeremy’s suggestion to simply ignore the people with whom you don’t get along is simple and time-tested throughout history (here come the oh should have Poland just ignored Hitler hur durh replies, please it’s not that serious) but even JI is immediately mocked and told its his job to keep people civil to one another.

Ok boomer 

45 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

I mean, do you even go into the tinderbox and post?  I don't think you do.    It's literally 99% Trump alts vs long term posters.

I wish people would quit whining about things they know nothing about just to jump on the train from other posters they like.  

The community in the TB jumped on Nanuq to call him a Nazi sympathizer and racist.  Most of those were NOT new accounts

4 hours ago, Montsta said:

Just a heads up from a moderators perspective. We did warnings and 24 hour bans and then 48 hour bans to a lot of people in the off-season leading up to this year. The people that join and in 24 hours are clearly trolls have gotten banned for life. Believe it or not, those people are not the problem. 

The problem is that we have a lot of posters with solid history that beef with other posters because of perceived slights, and they no longer look at the content of each other’s posts, it goes straight to talking poo. And each one of them would swear on a stack of bibles that the other is the problem. Some people here are so god damn self righteous that they can’t even acknowledge their role in getting this board to its current state. It really is a microcosm of today’s political culture. Talking about different points of view has gone the way of the dodo. It’s cliques and other bullshit. It’s the equivalent of “These kids today are lazy” and “ok boomer”. 

I have tried, but some people on here have almost turned into caricatures, almost intentionally going off the deep end. So if people want me to start heavy handed banning people they don’t agree with, they just need to remember the next time they call someone on here retarded or something and get the perma ban themselves. 

But what will that do? Everyone will start threads flaming me because they think I sided with someone and am out to get them. Honestly Jeremy’s suggestion to simply ignore the people with whom you don’t get along is simple and time-tested throughout history (here come the oh should have Poland just ignored Hitler hur durh replies, please it’s not that serious) but even JI is immediately mocked and told its his job to keep people civil to one another.

Should be stickied to the top of the thread/forum tbh

2 hours ago, Toomers said:

I go right after what you say. Directly. Every time. You just refuse to back up any of your BS with legit facts. Not even one. As was proven as recently as yesterday. 

Show me a thread I started about Cam or Kyle. Better yet, show me all the debating I’ve done on it. That would be hypocritical. You’re just using it to deflect from looking like a fool....again. Surely it would have been easier to post one thing than deflect like this. 

Everyone knows that you're the resident fool, always trying to pass off opinion as fact. I believe it's because you actually are too thickheaded to know the difference. You're a zero Huddler who adds nothing of substance to the Huddle. The only reason you're here is to criticize and troll. You never have anything positive to say. You feed off your own feces. Go away!

@Jeremy Igo, this is just a question/request. I know you ignore those most of the time, but is there anyway to update the software so that ignored users get a---for lack of a better term--"you've been blocked" screen/popup (something like Twitter). I think that this would actually be a popular idea which would bring about the desired result. It would be satisfying indeed to give someone the virtual hand, and it would encourage the use of the ignore function and probably make the place less polluted. Probably!

Archived