• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hey there! Did you know you can ignore people?

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Moo Daeng said:

The point is that it spills over to here and infects us all. I'd be for eliminating it and having strict policy on moderating political content. I am guilty as most and would be fine with being moderated. If the reason is click money it's sad because money doesnt have to the excuse for knowing what's right but ignoring it.

Or mods need to do a better job at stopping alts.    Three month timer like I said before people can post in there.

3 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

I do not post in tinderbox much if ever and I still get called out for not posting there by people like TheRed in main forum.  I think he might have a thing for me tho.

I mean let's be honest, you've said some really, really terrible things in there that most people would probably get fired from a job for even.    I don't usually bring it over but I could see where it would be hard for people to not say something in hypocritical situations.

16 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

Or mods need to do a better job at stopping alts.    Three month timer like I said before people can post in there.

I'm not really sure that stopping alts would do that much to stem what people are complaining about here (unless we want to get super meta and equate getting rid of alts to getting rid of the abject hatred that shows up in the Tinderbox then leading to less people carrying that hatred over to this forum).  

As with everywhere else politics turning into "if you don't agree with me my job is to bury you" makes it borderline impossible to allow that conversation to take place without simply accepting that a significant number of people involved *will* devolve into attacking, bullying, cursing, threatening, and generally trying to make someone else's life miserable.  I feel for people who can have a normal conversation about politics or similarly divisive issues without going aggro on dissenting opinions but those people are badly overmatched in terms of impact on the community at large.

Personally - I want to talk about / read about football when I come here.  I don't think I'm alone.  I couldn't give a rats hindquarters less what anyone's political beliefs are in that setting, it's just not relevant and endlessly bickering about it serves absolutely not real purpose other than to try to win an internet argument.

*edited b/c I can't type and to clarify that I say politics to be simple but one could easily replace that word with any other hot button issue in this post and it should apply

9 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

Tinderbox makes no sense on a football forum, plain and simple.  All the crap in there just spills into the main forum.  These people creating alts just to post in the tinderbox will have no reason to create an alt to do so.  Turning a thread into a political thread should be moderated as well

Just now, mwright350 said:

I'm not really sure that stopping alts would do that much to stem what people are complaining about here (unless we want to get super meta and equate getting rid of alts to getting rid of the abject hatred that shows up in the Tinderbox then leading to less people carrying that hatred over to this forum).  

As with everywhere else politics turning into "if you don't agree with me my job is to bury you" makes it borderline impossible to allow that conversation to take place without simply accepting that a significant number of people involved *will* devolve into attacking, bullying, cursing, threatening, and generally trying to make someone else's life miserable.  I feel for people who can have a normal conversation about politics or similarly divisive issues without going aggro on dissenting opinions but those people are badly overmatched in terms of impact on the community at large.

Personally - I want to talk about football.  I couldn't give a rats hindquarters less what any of your political beliefs are in that setting, it's just not relevant and endlessly bickering about it serves absolutely not real purpose other than to try to win an internet argument.

I mean, do you even go into the tinderbox and post?  I don't think you do.    It's literally 99% Trump alts vs long term posters.

I wish people would quit whining about things they know nothing about just to jump on the train from other posters they like.  

18 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

I mean let's be honest, you've said some really, really terrible things in there that most people would probably get fired from a job for even.    I don't usually bring it over but I could see where it would be hard for people to not say something in hypocritical situations.

he has in the past but he also came around one day and talked about how he'd grown as a person and moved on from some of the things he'd said in the past and i personally believe him and think he's a good guy, i don't like when people go after things arsen said 4 years ago

Just now, Zaximus said:

I mean, do you even go into the tinderbox and post?  I don't think you do.    It's literally 99% Trump alts vs long term posters.

I wish people would quit whining about things they know nothing about just to jump on the train from other posters they like.  

I have not spent any time posting there, why would I though given what you know about my opinion now on whether that forum even belongs here.  I read it sometimes...then I remember why I don't post there.

To clarify - there's no whining here.  My opinion on the relevance of political / religious / whatever discourse in this setting doesn't change whether there's a forum dedicated to it or not man.  I don't believe it belongs here, the tinderbox is just the focus b/c that's where it's supposed to be contained to.  

There's a time and a place.  I believe those conversations are important.  I don't believe they belong here.  

Bottom line is there has been a marked downturn in civility here...which is impressive given that when Cam was drafted it was *awful* and somehow still not as bad as it feels now.  My opinion on whether removing a sanctioned [insert thing that will start a flame war here] discussion area isn't gonna change.  But then again my opinion also doesn't matter much - so there's not much need to waste time trying to convince me it's wrong :(

2 minutes ago, rodeo said:

he has in the past but he also came around one day and talked about how he'd grown as a person and moved on from some of the things he'd said in the past and i personally believe him and think he's a good guy, i don't like when people go after things arsen said 4 years ago

Yeah I agree mostly, but every now and then there's a post and it's very sketchy haha.    I still say the real issue is the damn alts.

1 minute ago, mwright350 said:

I have not spent any time posting there, why would I though given what you know about my opinion now on whether that forum even belongs here.  I read it sometimes...then I remember why I don't post there.

To clarify - there's no whining here.  My opinion on the relevance of political / religious / whatever discourse in this setting doesn't change whether there's a forum dedicated to it or not man.  I don't believe it belongs here, the tinderbox is just the focus b/c that's where it's supposed to be contained to.  

There's a time and a place.  I believe those conversations are important.  I don't believe they belong here.  

Bottom line is there has been a marked downturn in civility here...which is impressive given that when Cam was drafted it was *awful* and somehow still not as bad as it feels now.  My opinion on whether removing a sanctioned [insert thing that will start a flame war here] discussion area isn't gonna change.  But then again my opinion also doesn't matter much - so there's not much need to waste time trying to convince me it's wrong :(

Mentioned it before, but the original idea of The Tinderbox was to keep the political / religious / whatever discussion out of all the other forms.

And for a while, it worked.

Sadly, the political discussion these days is so thoroughly toxic it's like a virus.

1 minute ago, Zaximus said:

Yeah I agree mostly, but every now and then there's a post and it's very sketchy haha.    I still say the real issue is the damn alts.

oh i totally agree that alts are the biggest issue facing the huddle.

bring back the 1 dollar registration

8 minutes ago, rodeo said:

He has not changed.

Archived