• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hey there! Did you know you can ignore people?

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

Hey at least you should know they are very concerned about something.

I have no problem with people being concerned about something. More power to them.

But if you're really that concerned, maybe you should do something a little more effective than trying to run roughshod over people just wanting to have a football discussion.

It's a thought.

Jeez I skipped to the last page after the 5th one to add support to "really I think the Tinderbox is a huge part of the problem and I fully support giving it the old heave ho" and lo and behold...there is Tinderbox crap spilling over into a thread that references Tinderbox crap spilling over into the main forum being a problem!

I know that a lot of people are looking for literally any place they can vent their frustrations about politics, race, religion, whatever without fear of *real* social consequences but there is a not-insignificant number people who come here to talk about / read about football and have no interest in letting the garbage we see / hear throughout the rest of our days screw that up for us.  This should not be that place - even in a separate forum because we all know it's not going to be contained there.  Ignoring is a great tool but it's not a perfect one and it won't solve what I believe to be the larger issue.  

I had thought about neg rep...but god knows with the way people here are at each other's throats we'd all just be neg repped into oblivion for breathing.

I always liked it here, I still like it here really but it's a lot less fun than it used to be. 

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

This, coming from the man who literally told me that he wanted to be a dick to me. 

EL OH EL. 

You're a hypocrite!

I go right after what you say. Directly. Every time. You just refuse to back up any of your BS with legit facts. Not even one. As was proven as recently as yesterday. 

Show me a thread I started about Cam or Kyle. Better yet, show me all the debating I’ve done on it. That would be hypocritical. You’re just using it to deflect from looking like a fool....again. Surely it would have been easier to post one thing than deflect like this. 

2 hours ago, ARSEN said:

Get rid of Tinderbox... problem solved.  Do not mix sports and politics.  Watching PhillyB and Ecu88 going after each other is beyond ridiculous.

Or you know, just don't go into that forum?   People can't help themselves, it's like they want it removed so they aren't tempted to go in there and fight with people.    Who really IS the problem at that point?

ANYWAY, for those who obviously don't even go into the TBOX it's mostly posters that have been around for a while vs.  Trump alts that were created 20 minutes before.     Very few long term posters are in there from the other side.      There is alt after alt being created, probably the same 5 people.     Maybe it's time to put a 3 month timer on an account before you can post in the tinderbox?    That way when the racist posters that got banned on an alt  (happens all the time I think) can't just make an account and jump in right there.   

Also ignore feature works wonders.

Just now, Zaximus said:

Or you know, just don't go into that forum?   People can't help themselves, it's like they want it removed so they aren't tempted to go in there and fight with people.    Who really IS the problem at that point?

ANYWAY, for those who obviously don't even go into the TBOX it's mostly posters that have been around for a while vs.  Trump alts that were created 20 minutes before.     Very few long term posters are in there from the other side.      There is alt after alt being created, probably the same 5 people.     Maybe it's time to put a 3 month timer on an account before you can post in the tinderbox?    That way when the racist posters that got banned on an alt  (happens all the time I think) can't just make an account and jump in right there.   

I do not post in tinderbox much if ever and I still get called out for not posting there by people like TheRed in main forum.  I think he might have a thing for me tho.

2 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

The point is that it spills over to here and infects us all. I'd be for eliminating it and having strict policy on moderating political content. I am guilty as most and would be fine with being moderated. If the reason is click money it's sad because money doesnt have to the excuse for knowing what's right but ignoring it.

Archived