• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Allen was "Pretty incredible"

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, ASEK RoguePirate said:

Stop referring Kyle Allen as a Backup. You sound dumb and stupid.  

If that is the case, Cam Newton was a backup the whole 2011 season under Jimmy Clausen,

Tom Brady was a backup to jimmy Garoppolo.

And most currently Patrick Mahomes is a back up to Matt Moore.

Stop the Stupid Redundancy and start supporting our team. If not get the fug off and find a one man show.

Go post on stormfront you fascy boot licker.

33 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

for what it's worth non panthers fans around the internet are pretty complimentary about kyle.

That's b/c they don't have unreasonable expectations or insist on turning everything into a Cam vs. Kyle referendum.

I'm yet to cast my lot either way for Kyle long-term, but he's definitely earned the opportunity to play the last 7 games.  I also think this was his best game all things considered.

He made an inexcusable mistake with the fumble, and a bad read on the red zone interception (although it was 3rd down and he was trying to make something happen), but he also helped bring the team back from down 14 to potentially tying the game in a very tough environment.

The anti-Kyle crowd is going to have a tough week b/c he's going to get plenty of praise for his resilience today from all quarters except this message board.  No other young QB (or really any QB for that matter) is going to get picked apart for early mistakes when they played like that in the 4th Quarter in Lambeau.

And this is what someone who is still holding out hope against hope a healthy Cam will be starting here next year.

5 minutes ago, SportsCrazie4172 said:

There are 4 quarters to a NFL game..he had TWO turnovers that resulted in points for GB..if those turnovers don't happen, Panthers win..

There's no way to actually know that.

But even accepting that premise, it would have really helped out an awful lot if our defense could have done a better job stopping the run.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That's pretty much par for the course for comeback wins.

It's one of the reasons why I've never liked that stat very much. You generally need a 4th quarter comeback because you put yourself in that position.

Yes, and I'd like to add, those mistakes were even more costly early because it preceded the essential blizzard that came on in the 2nd half, which made playcalling and passing a lot more difficult.

1 hour ago, backtobackwinningseasons said:

He's mostly likely another Case Keenum, maybe a Kirk Cousins. Decent QB that will flash at times, but ultimately not a real franchise QB

2 questions:

1.  In your opinion, how many "franchise QB's" are there in the NFL today?  My hunch is based on your definition the list is very short so please name all the names.

2.  Who do you suggest Marty & Tepper should go get to be their "franchise QB"?  Who is available that you can see filling the "franchise QB" role for the Carolina Panthers?

Just now, Proudiddy said:

Yes, and I'd like to add, those mistakes were even more costly early because it preceded the essential blizzard that came on in the 2nd half, which made playcalling and passing a lot more difficult.

Even with that though, we were still in it at the end. Granted, needing a two-point conversion if we scored (damn, that was stupid).

I had this argument with a big John Elway fan years and years ago. They were always talking about his fourth quarter comebacks, to which I responded "Yeah, he needs those because when the fourth quarter starts he's usually losing."

7 minutes ago, ASEK RoguePirate said:

woohooo I GOT poo from the red and Krovvy,...…..Yipppie,  Can I add some chocolate pooo drink tooo.

The only thing sadder than this troll who signed up minutes ago are the two empty sacks that rushed in to give him pie.

Archived