• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Allen was "Pretty incredible"

Jeremy Igo

The reality is regardless Kyle Allen will continue to get the opportunity to showcase his abilities for the rest of the season. I don't see us going to Grier unless there is an injury or things go really south. This is yet another test for the young quarterback. He bounced back against Tennessee. The problem is we aren't going to be going up against Ryan Tannehill each week from here on out. We still have the Saints and Falcons two games a piece, and the Seahawks along with the Colts. If he wants to be the guy he's going to have to get it done like any other starting QB. That's the nature of the NFL.

Well first off we need a real defense.

i don’t know where our defense went but I swear I think this one is the worst situational team we’ve had under Rivera.

not totally bad, but Jesus the drives after the fumble and interceptions could have just left the defense off the field with a Coors and a  Smoke.

Then there’s the offensive line.

about the only serviceable players we have are offensive weapons Like McCaffrey, Olsen, DJ, and Wright, defense it’s  Donte Jackson at moments, McCoy, Vern, Burns and Luke if we had him in the right position.

i swear if they want to stay with 3-4 you would have to trade Luke for big picks, and get a real 3-4 defense out there.

then there’s the offensive line— OMG.

the whole thing should be blown up and started over.

37 minutes ago, backtobackwinningseasons said:

He's mostly likely another Case Keenum, maybe a Kirk Cousins. Decent QB that will flash at times, but ultimately not a real franchise QB

Yeah I see Case Keenum when I look at him.  Clearly good enough to be an NFL quarterback and just might fug around and get you into the conference title game under the right set of circumstances but that's his ceiling.

Kyle was essentially on his knees begging and pleading to throw an interception on that final drive. he hit 3 defenders clean in the hands. Olsen says what he needs to say for his young QB after the game but his demeanor (he was very very very unhappy) on the field at times told the story.

22 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Greg is hanging it up after this year so that's one major problem in patting anyone on the back here. You think our offensive woes are going to get any better without a guy like that in the lineup and no talent like Cam Newton?

If this staff can't turn things around there will be plenty of opportunities for those in our fanbase that get their jollies off on "gutsy" losses.

There are actually several teams winning in the NFL without quarterbacks who have the kind of physical talents that Cam Newton has.

Of course, those teams have better coaches.

2 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

Yeah I see Case Keenum when I look at him.  Clearly good enough to be an NFL quarterback and just might fug around and get you into the conference title game under the right set of circumstances but that's his ceiling.

Sure. Basically rookie Allen looks like multi year vet Case Keenum.

Go look at Keenum his first year of starting...

Allen looks MUCH better than Keenum did.

I don't think there is a good comparison to Allen.  Not because he is amazing etc... just a unique situation 

12 minutes ago, TheRed said:

The reality is regardless Kyle Allen will continue to get the opportunity to showcase his abilities for the rest of the season. I don't see us going to Grier unless there is an injury or things go really south. This is yet another test for the young quarterback. He bounced back against Tennessee. The problem is we aren't going to be going up against Ryan Tannehill each week from here on out. We still have the Saints and Falcons two games a piece, and the Seahawks along with the Colts. If he wants to be the guy he's going to have to get it done like any other starting QB. That's the nature of the NFL.

What is enough? Exping a young QB to make up for a poor offensive line and defense is high Expectations. Yes young Cam could at times overcome that but Allen isn't a young Newton. 

37 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

I wish it was possible to compliment Allen without people assuming it's a slight on Cam. 

This is going to get just as ugly as the Falcons got in 2007. Thank god we won't have people defending animal cruelty at least. 

Does Cam wear fur as a part of his fashion stuff?

Archived