• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Allen was "Pretty incredible"

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, TheRed said:

You aren't improving if you're still losing in the same ways. We had our starting QB and our *ahem* MVP running back out there for the win and we couldn't get it done. It's as simple as that. Now from here we must regroup and start getting it done. There are no excuses for anyone, staff included.

if you're expecting a guy in his eighth start to look like a seasoned veteran, it's silly.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

if you're expecting a guy in his eighth start to look like a seasoned veteran, it's silly.

Greg is hanging it up after this year so that's one major problem in patting anyone on the back here. You think our offensive woes are going to get any better without a guy like that in the lineup and no talent like Cam Newton?

If this staff can't turn things around there will be plenty of opportunities for those in our fanbase that get their jollies off on "gutsy" losses.

17 minutes ago, TheRed said:

When Greg complimented Cam the prevailing notion was he was only towing the company line.

Did someone expect him to say Kyle lost us the game?

But he didn’t lose the game. He wasn’t perfect but the pass rush, secondary, and oline, specifically Paradis hell even Luke played worse and are cause more for this loss than Allen.

I still don’t think I’ve seen enough to say he’s the future but he’s young and has time to get better. He isn’t at his ceiling yet. People get mad because they expect too much from Allen. People need to stop expecting some sort of unreasonable deep playoff push. Right now he’s just a backup exceeding expectations. That’s it.

Just sit back and enjoy his potential and if someone at the very least can’t see or say Allen has a potential it’s clearly with an Agenda.

4 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Oh yeah go directly to the Michael Vick comparison.

You're trash.

Uh, he’s not comparing Cam to Vick. He’s comparing the extreme nature of the Cam vs. Allen rhetoric to the extreme nature of the Vick vs. Schaub rhetoric back in the day  

Stop trying to make every little thing a slight on Cam. You’re trying way too hard. 

2 minutes ago, Bama Panther said:

Uh, he’s not comparing Cam to Vick. He’s comparing the extreme nature of the Cam vs. Allen rhetoric to the extreme nature of the Vick vs. Schaub rhetoric back in the day  

Stop trying to make every little thing a slight on Cam. You’re trying way too hard. 

Yeah because the only two QB's that could possibly have anything in common are Newton and Vick.

Hope you enjoyed that game Saturday.

I thought he did well for being a young kid in a hostile environment and overcoming his early mistakes.

In my mind he has shown enough to at least see if he can progress down the stretch. 

We will probably miss the playoffs. But unless the multiple reports are wrong it doesn’t look like Cam will be back.  I’m sorry to see him go. 

But now that may be be the case, I am excited to see Kyle grow and learn.  He has outplayed many first round guys and will cost us nothing for the next couple years.  If he pans out we can spread the money out and make the team better.  

The jury is still out in my mind regarding his total ceiling.  

Best case scenario would be if he can develop into a good starter and we can get a new coaching staff.  Not sure both can happen. 

5 minutes ago, Bama Panther said:

it wasn't schaub

they traded him like a week before the indictment came down

it was joey harrington

lmao

2 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Yeah because the only two QB's that could possibly have anything in common are Newton and Vick.

Hope you enjoyed that game Saturday.

Again, he’s not comparing Cam and Vick. He is comparing the hysteria of the debates regarding each. It’s not that hard to understand if you take off the “Everything is a slight against Cam” glasses. 

Archived