• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Allen was "Pretty incredible"

Jeremy Igo

15 minutes ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

I guess since his QBR, completion % has gone down, and his INTs up..those won't be waved in front of us each game now.

Its "look at this one pass" or "look at this one specific drive".

You mean kind of like the people who keep picking out one or two bad plays and acting as if that represents the entire body of work? 

17 hours ago, mav1234 said:

I'm all for celebrating a young players growth... but this team isnt going to make the playoffs with a young, inexperienced qb...

This team isn't going to make the playoffs with this defense no matter how many people tout that defense doesn't matter anymore.

17 minutes ago, lightsout said:

Entire team says post game that Kyle played great.

Huddle finds reasons to say how bad he is.

Kyle wasn't flawless, but we did not lose that game thanks to a fumble and a redzone INT. You wouldn't dare say it about Cam, don't do it now. It's exhausting going 8 years defending Cam to people giving stupid hot takes and swearing he is bad with every loss and diverting credit when we win and then to have to do the same for stupid hot takes from once fervent Cam defenders giving it to Allen.

Nah man, you're full of it. It's not that he's bad, its the overreaction to small things he does and calling it "great" that is running rampant around here. The same group that goes after Cam's demeanor or clothing decisions. Sorry but Allen contributed to the loss. His fumble and redzone INT were parts of the reason why we lost and was a huge momentum swing in favor of GB.  He also had trouble connecting deep and severely under threw those passes. He not great or terrible. He's just a good backup. All that's been going around the huddle is how much fire and heart he has, how great and incredible he is and how he is the future after what happened Sunday.

22 minutes ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

I guess since his QBR, completion % has gone down, and his INTs up..those won't be waved in front of us each game now.

Its "look at this one pass" or "look at this one specific drive".

When his int % gets up there near Newton's I'll get concerned. Honestly.

lmao. Cam literally had 6 losses like this in a row last year with a bum shoulder. I mean good job Kyle on barely losing I guess. But if the standard of success is what Kyle displayed yesterday, where have you been the last 8-9 years. We don’t deserve Cam at all. I mean I’m all on the support Kyle train, but some of y’all have a complete lack of self awareness. 

17 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You mean kind of like the people who keep picking out one or two bad plays and acting as if that represents the entire body of work? 

Or the people that look at everything but a single drive in the 4th quarter.

15 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

When his int % gets up there near Newton's I'll get concerned. Honestly

His last 5 games its basically on par with Newton's.

Just now, KillerKat said:

Nah man, you're full of it. It's not that he's bad, its the overreaction to small things he does and calling it "great" that is running rampant around here. The same group that goes after Cam's demeanor or clothing decisions. Sorry but Allen contributed to the loss. His fumble and redzone INT were parts of the reason why we lost and was a huge momentum swing in favor of GB.  He also had trouble connecting deep and severely under threw those passes. He not great or terrible. He's just a good backup. All that's been going around the huddle is how much fire and heart he has, how great and incredible he is and how he is the future after what happened Sunday.

I am in nearly every game thread. I remember how it has gone. For SOME here, it was an opportunity to insinuate or outright claim racism on anybody who got excited at Allen. Every throw he attempts is one of the following: lucky/should've been picked, easy/short, "a good throw that he SHOULD be making" or terrible. I've seen these same posters only ONCE say "yeah, Allen does this well" when referring to his play (specifically, that was a comment on how he throws darts on the short to intermediate stuff). Pay attention and you will see the same things that some of us here clearly notice.

Point out that Kyle is currently making throws that Cam was missing on a LOT while he has been hurt, and suddenly you're racist or hated Cam all along. Point out that the offense operates fairly smoothly and with a different rhythm with Allen than with even a healthy Cam (observable fact), you're a racist or hated Cam all along. Point out that Cam is done and we need to hope Allen can be Mr. Right Now while we look for Mr. Right, you're a racist or hated Cam all along.

I'm not trying to crown Allen or say he is the best QB ever. I am saying that he is good and we have to stop expecting what is essentially a rookie QB to be a 5 year vet. He's not going to look polished because he isn't. He may never be. But half of one season is not enough to judge him and dismissing his play entirely because some idiots here who never played the game are claiming he cost us the game with a botched snap and an INT when our defense couldn't get off the field without GB shooting themselves in the foot...it's pure idiocy.

17 hours ago, t96 said:

Yep to drive down the field like that in GB (vs a 7-2 Packers team) in the snow was impressive as hell. The INT was terrible as was the fumble (haven’t re-watched to see if it was on Paradis or Kyle, but at the very least he should’ve been able to recover it) but yeah the upside is clearly there. Unless there’s a QB the new coaching staff falls in love with in the draft, I’m completely comfortable with Kyle on an extremely cheap ERFA deal next year, use he money freed up from Cam to front load Bradberry and Shaq’s deals and lock them up long term.

How much do we pay cmc? He’s comin up on 4th year

5 minutes ago, Mikey818 said:

How much do we pay cmc? He’s comin up on 4th year

CMC has earned top RB money. This is his second year of playing at a stupid high level. This is a big driving force behind moving on from Cam, IMO. Probably part of what Tepper is seeing.

It's also why you hear analysts and former players saying that the route to take is the cheap, young QB who may not be Tom Brady but they won't cost you games is your best chance at a SB. Can afford to pay RBs and WRs top dollar for the short time they're in the league and on your team when you're not paying stupid high money to a QB as well.

41 minutes ago, lightsout said:

CMC has earned top RB money. This is his second year of playing at a stupid high level. This is a big driving force behind moving on from Cam, IMO. Probably part of what Tepper is seeing.

It's also why you hear analysts and former players saying that the route to take is the cheap, young QB who may not be Tom Brady but they won't cost you games is your best chance at a SB. Can afford to pay RBs and WRs top dollar for the short time they're in the league and on your team when you're not paying stupid high money to a QB as well.

When has that ever been a super bowl winning strategy? 

44 minutes ago, lightsout said:

At this point we have no choice but to retain CMC and he has certainly earned it but there is an argument to be made about justification in paying running backs top contracts when looking at the NFL.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/cap-hit/running-back/

Below is the combined record of the top 8 teams based on running back salary cap hits.

29-44-1

There is a legitimate conversation to be had about this when also taking into account that we still don't know who our quarterback of the future will be. One thing we can be assured of, when the time comes, that quarterback will command a hefty sum if he is worth his salt. That is the NFL now.

Archived