• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Allen was "Pretty incredible"

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, huggybear1688 said:

Can't wait til Cam is gone in the offseason so you can follow his ass to wherever he goes.

In reality Cam hasn't been with the team in 2 months.....

.....I hope he can get the foot, shoulder and noggin together and rejoin the team next year.

No possible way he plays again this year.  Will be interesting to see if he appears at any more games this season.

3 minutes ago, ASEK RoguePirate said:

I don't care if I trigger the Cameron "I Like Scarves" Not Issac Newton Hugger's.

I have been following the Huddle and Mr>IGO since it's inception. 

You call me a troll, what do you see when you look at your self Red. your post are pure propaganda. 

What is you like about Cam(!) that is better than Jake Delhomme or Reich.

I laugh at every fictional fake news post you send each time. MR. RED.

Less sauce buddy. Less sauce.

1 hour ago, Varking said:

Sounds like a veteran player trying to talk up a young QB and give him some confidence. They do this in literally every sport when talking about peers lol. You really think, as a student of the game, this is as good of a performance as Greg has ever seen? C'mon.

Let me tell you what Greg meant by the qualifier, "under the circumstances."

It was snowing.  He had 89 yds to go to get a TD.  His OL was a leaking colander (that's a BIG sieve, for you non-cooks), he's in the noisiest, most hostile environment there is.  The refs are paid State of Wisconsin employees, on their second jobs.  Other than Olsen, Moore, and Van Roten, his teammates are standing around.

So when Greg made the comment, it wasn't to blow smoke up Kyle's ass, it was intelligently considering the circumstances, where you and every other fair-weather Panther fan thought that last drive would end in a humiliating fumble, strip-sack, or INT.  It didn't. The kid almost pulled it off.

We should keep in mind that this is a young, relatively inexperienced group of skill players.  Allen, CMC, Moore, and Samuel are all 24 or younger, aren't they?  Seasoning like today's game will lead to improvement for each of them.

And consider this: Allen outplayed the vaunted Aaron Rodgers in his own house.   I don't think Greg was far off in his assessment.

I'm glad Atlanta beat N.O. today.  Now they'll be all swell-headed about themselves, and next Sunday, we'll knock the slobber off their faces.

Sure thats fine and dandy but This team id not playing for moral victories,  we are not rebuilding either. We are supposed to be winning, not one good showing against a team worth a damn all season. You were the one claiming no excuses a couple weeks ago, back up or no backup. For the record  what the fug was greg supposed to say?

13 minutes ago, bigdavis said:

Let me tell you what Greg meant by the qualifier, "under the circumstances."

It was snowing.  He had 89 yds to go to get a TD.  His OL was a leaking colander (that's a BIG sieve, for you non-cooks), he's in the noisiest, most hostile environment there is.  The refs are paid State of Wisconsin employees, on their second jobs.  Other than Olsen, Moore, and Van Roten, his teammates are standing around.

So when Greg made the comment, it wasn't to blow smoke up Kyle's ass, it was intelligently considering the circumstances, where you and every other fair-weather Panther fan thought that last drive would end in a humiliating fumble, strip-sack, or INT.  It didn't. The kid almost pulled it off.

We should keep in mind that this is a young, relatively inexperienced group of skill players.  Allen, CMC, Moore, and Samuel are all 24 or younger, aren't they?  Seasoning like today's game will lead to improvement for each of them.

And consider this: Allen outplayed the vaunted Aaron Rodgers in his own house.   I don't think Greg was far off in his assessment.

I'm glad Atlanta beat N.O. today.  Now they'll be all swell-headed about themselves, and next Sunday, we'll knock the slobber off their faces.

What's a sieve? :thinking:

I'm kidding :)

Kyle Allen show some flashes, like that throw to Olsen. But I’ll stick with what I said a month ago, I don’t think he’s a franchise QB, he has nothing special going for him. If you go rewatch throw for throw last weeks game vs TN, Tannehill was clearly the better more talented QB and Tannehill is an average run of the mill QB in this league.

I’ll continue to root for this team by my football/betting knowledge already sees the outcome here. 

2 hours ago, TheRed said:

When Greg complimented Cam the prevailing notion was he was only towing the company line.

Did someone expect him to say Kyle lost us the game?

I'll come out of my hole for a second to just pipe in the fact this quote seems to be a little contradiction from Greg's in game reaction, which in turn leads me to believe he's at the point he'll go straight to the booth if the team is indeed moving on from Cam in favor of Kyle Allen or another unknown.

I've been trusting Greg's emotions on the field far more than his "coachspeak" off the field.

Again, my opinion is that we should stop pretending Kyle Allen is a franchise QB. He isn't yet. And he didn't exactly improve where I would've liked to see him improve consistently.

Now back out of this cesspool I go.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

How many games have we won in the past despite quarterback mistakes?

This whole suggestion that if he's not perfect, he's not good at all is just silly.

But, but... We lost and we have to blame someone. Cam wouldn't have fumbled or thrown an INT, and this kid is NOT Brett Favre!!!

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Aikman actually said that during the game.

And he's not wrong.  I think the people who think Allen isn't going to at least be in the mix to start next year are going to be disappointed.  Most likely with another veteran who has starting experience (Mariotta, etc) b/c we're not going to be in a spot to take one of the top QB's in this draft, and we're not using another mid-round draft pick since we just got Grier.  And unless Allen really falters down the stretch, he's earned the right to compete.

It's taken me a little while to go through the stages of grief b/c I have loved Cam as our QB, but I've realized that the Allen vs. Newton discussions at this point have no bearing on next year since they will almost certainly be playing for different teams.

Allen succeeding or failing isn't going to have any impact on Cam at this point.  It will only factor into whether he is potentially the starter or a backup here. 

Honestly, I think what happens to Grier next year is a bigger question.  I think Allen is definitely in the mix to be the starter, but I don't think the team would just have an Allen vs. Grier competition, which means the veteran they bring in will be the starter or backup, which would make Grier the #3 QB again.  My question is if we have a starter and established backup, would we even keep 3 QB's on the active roster.  Would we attempt to trade Grier for a pick?

Archived