• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watching Lamar Jackson is a painful reminder just how hurt Cam has been

Jeremy Igo

Easy to forget that Newton was doing that as recent as 2017. He was our leading rusher, and nearly led the offense to a playoff upset in NO with an absurdly thin WR core. Also started out 2018 with early MVP whispers.

Shame so many are unwilling to give him the benefit of the doubt. But then again they never did to begin with. Just waited for the next opportunity to say I told you so.

It all began with TJ Ward, Week 1, 2016 IMO and then we ran him into the ground in 2017 and gave him an awful awful OL. 

2017 was the year that f*cked him up and he somehow retooled into having a great 2018 until we all know what happened against TJ Watt.  2017 really wore him down IMO and that's what he's still working back from as much as the injuries.  DG and Rivera really served him crap for years and Cam had to figure out new ways to win in spite of them. 

It's al these damn TJs. 

BLAME TJ.

That being said, I can see him coming back with fire but also retire so it's just such a mixed bag scenario all around. 

14 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Lamar looking like 2015 Cam Newton out there. Pisses me off to no end what could have been under competent coaching and health management. 

Also, I'm drinking bourbon.

Love, 

JI

If you think it pisses you off, think of Newton 

If Newton goes, I want Hurney and Ron out of here. They have had nine years with newton, Luke, Christian, to get it done, they haven’t 

we have Marv Lewis less then character issues 

16 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Easy to forget that Newton was doing that as recent as 2017. He was our leading rusher, and nearly led the offense to a playoff upset in NO with an absurdly thin WR core. Also started out 2018 with early MVP whispers.

Shame so many are unwilling to give him the benefit of the doubt. But then again they never did to begin with. Just waited for the next opportunity to say I told you so.

Archived