• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton now considering surgery

Jeremy Igo

15 minutes ago, Snake said:

Unfortunately Cam refuses surgery until nothing is left. He takes a holistic approach first. 

He is in no way alone in the NFL in that regard in terms of athletes and their careers. Even as recently as last year both Daryl Williams and Greg Olsen had serious injuries and opted against surgery only to reluctantly go under the knife after suffering another setback. It's an issue of longevity for players who know what missing only a handful of games can do in an NFL that ultimately waits for no one. As fans have noted here an abundance of times over the years, "it's a business".

37 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Let me see if I’ve got this right:

When “reports say” something that matches one’s own pre-conceived notions (for example, “reports” that proclaimed Gettleman wanted to trade up for Fournette), those reports are the gospel truth.

But when “reports say” something opposed to your beliefs about the team (for example, this teams consistent lack of concern with regard to Cam Newton’s health) why, those “reports” are pure rubbish!

Right?

On a related note, I think it's generally accepted that the report of Newton being healthy after the bye was phony.

Gotta figure it would be pretty interesting (and probably informative) to know who fed Schefter that information.

37 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

People talk about surgery for athletes like it's no big deal.

See if you still feel that way when the doctor recommends you should have one.

I had surgery on my foot Sept. 10th and I'm set to go back to work the first part of Dec. The Drs. recommended surgery and I said do it ASAP! Now I'm not an NFL athlete, but I was ready to get my foot fixed.

Maybe if Cam would've chose surgery first he would be ready in Dec.

foot.jpg

1 hour ago, beastson said:

If you're told you can heal without surgery, why the fug would anybody opt for surgery. You've had surgery before? It's not fun.

I for one wish I had opted for surgery on the  Jones fracture to my foot when it was offered.  Would have probably reduced my rehab time by a couple of months at minimum.  Live and learn.  There is no perfect solution for everyone.

1 minute ago, raleigh-panther said:

Surgery causes scar tissue and can cause osteoarthritis. I know it well thus two knee replacements upcoming 

if I could go back twelve years, I would never have let them cut me

i don’t blame anyone not opting for it if there is any other viable Possible solution 

Igo has been saying his shoulder is arthritic now.

Archived