• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Talking Packers - What do you know?

Jeremy Igo

Nail biter.  Rodgers just has a way of getting back into the game asap.  Yes they lost but still.....even if we get a good lead the defense is going to play soft and Rodgers will punish you for it, you know it!  Need ball control and good ground game, win the time of possession to keep Greenbay offense off the field.  

I don't see this game being close in either direction and it's going to depend on which team starts strong. The Panthers do extremely well when they have a lead because of their ability to run the ball and establish play action, and one of the best pass rushes in the NFL. If the Panthers get a two score lead in any game I have a hard time believing they will lose. 

If the Packers get an early lead, the Panthers are not built to come back from behind with a backup QB and receivers that struggle to get open sometimes. As we saw with the 49ers, if the Packers jump on the Panthers, they will not recover and it will be extremely ugly. Let's just hope the Panthers start strong or....yikes.

19 minutes ago, Wolfpack352 said:

Nail biter.  Rodgers just has a way of getting back into the game asap.  Yes they lost but still.....even if we get a good lead the defense is going to play soft and Rodgers will punish you for it, you know it!  Need ball control and good ground game, win the time of possession to keep Greenbay offense off the field.  

Our run game is key

32 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Here is this week's statistical matchup.

Screenshot_20191106-083157_Drive.jpg

Looks like a winnable game on paper.

What are you looking for in this game ?

Definitely a favorable matchup. CMC should have another fantastic day on the ground. Would be nice to see our other backs get in on the fun as well.

Here’s my initial analysis: run the goddamn ball a lot. They are terrible, at times, against the run. Particularly off left guard and left tackle.

Doing our Packers film room stuff on Friday. But, yes: Run the ball. If for any reason this is a 45 pass, 18 run type of game for Carolina, and the score was never out of hand, I would be furious as a fan.

49 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I know this will not be as easy as most think.  This is a must win game if they hope to sniff the playoffs.  Taking an L here pretty much ends the playoff dreams.

Not at all.

We need to go 2-1 against bad teams: ATLx2 WAS

We need to go 3-2 against good teams: NOx2 GB SEA IND

While every game is critical we do have losses we can survive.

They have a more balanced offense this year with Aaron Jones playing at a high level. Strength of the defense is the secondary with Jaire, King and Savage. Run defense has been poor and the Chargers had success with Bosa and Ingram getting pressure on Rodgers. The Panthers need to play from ahead, maintain a balanced offense and make Green Bay's offense one dimensional so the pass rush can attack.

Should be a good game. I hope we come out more prepared than we did in Santa Clara. 

Archived