• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Two really quick questions that you need to be honest about.

Jeremy Igo

5 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Something to ponder.... 

1. If you are the Carolina Panthers do you give Cam Newton an extension?

Absolutely not

2. If you are Cam Newton, do you step foot on a field under a 1 year contract?

Could understand his position, but he is under contract.  I love Cam and want him to be here, but I also don't want another Josh Norman situation.  I guess if he holds out, then maybe a trade is inevitable, but I hope it doesn't get to that point.

7 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Something to ponder.... 

1. Currently, easy No

2. Thats tough.

Its easy to say no.  But its not out of the question that he may need that 1 year to prove to teams for the next contract.

Whats to say teams arent going to offer him a 1-2 year deal even if we release him because of what he's shown the last 3 years, with his age and injuries. 

If im a team, im sure as he11 not investing more than 1-2 year prove it deal on current Cam.

3 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Something to ponder.... 

1. Not yet

2. He has no leverage to do anything else, so that question is moot. What team is going to give us what we would ask for a trade demand *and* extend Cam to a Jared Goff-level extension?

I sure hope there is a way to trade Cam and get something for him rather than just releasing him.  

I could see the Bears going hard after Cam or perhaps the Dolphins just to put fans in the seats.  Desperate teams will do desperate things and if I'm the Bears, I'm on the phone with Carolina now.  

7 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Something to ponder.... 

1. No. You have to see what he's got and if he can stay healthy in 2020.

2. I'm going to say yes. I have no idea what Cam is thinking, but he seems to truly love the game of football. I think he wants to get back on the field, and he needs to get back on the field and light up defenses. 

His game relies heavily on his ability to run.  He is NOT a pocket passer.  He's not Drew Brees nor Tom Brady.  He turns 31 in May and his body is falling apart and he's going to want $40/yr just like Dak Prescott wants.  These players have egos and are not going to settle for a lesser contract.

There's NO WAY you extend him after his contract is up.  Not sure about question #2 but I'm sure about question #1.

Many here can’t put logic in front of their emotions. It sucks to lose your favorite player and I get that for so many fans here. He’s been my favorite (along with Luke) for years now. But it certainly seems like parting ways is the only logical outcome as of today. Things may change come April. But right now, this era seems to have run its course 

Archived