• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Likely won't see Cam in a Panthers uni again

Jeremy Igo

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

but if he doesn't need surgery.  It means a healthy Cam realistically could be there in December for a postseason run and one side is electing to take that off the table.  I do think more comes out as I think we haven't been told the full truth from the jump

That is the most frustrating part of this... but yeah there is obviously more going on here.

Only way we find out will be if Ron/Marty are gone after the year.  I don't think they will speak, but other team officials that will be gone as well probably will.

This organization has avoided dysfunction like this for the most part for the last 9 years... even as a Rivera homer, this is an indicator that his time here is probably coming to an end.

John Fox for the most part avoided dysfunction too during his tenure until his last season (2010) when everything fell apart.

I still haven't given up on the season, but this is a sad day.

Please dear God let Cam go to the AFC if he does leave...

6 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

The Carolina Panthers just decided to IR Cam Newton for an injury that should be healed before the end of the season. 

Think about that. 

Jeremy, why don't you just come out and tell us what you know haha. 

Which side wanted him IRed? 

49 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I know it's not the news many want to hear, but that is likely the end of the Cam era in Carolina. 

Look for him to be either released or traded before the NFL draft. 

And there it is the Igo KOD. Guaranteed Cam opening day starter for Panthers next year now. 

1 minute ago, WoahW said:

To an extent, this is one of those times I believe it’ll come down to Tepper and Tepper alone and none of the insiders have a tap on him. Rivera and Hurney sure but not the big dog. 

So because they IR’d him designated to return we should believe the franchise is ready to move on? That’s the big source Jesus Christ, it’s literally like the Manning situation in Denver where Manning came in the playoffs to save the day 

he's not designated.   you get to bring 2 back a year.   and you think cam's coming in and playing on the last year of a contract?   why would he do that?    what if he gets hurt with no future guarantees?   someone will give him what he wants, or close enough for a couple years with an escape hatch.

Just now, uncfan888 said:

Jeremy, why don't you just come out and tell us what you know haha. 

Which side wanted him IRed? 

He's told you what you need to know already.

Either Cam, or the brass want him out of here, and the team sounds like they are willing to oblige.  At least that's what I'm reading from JI's posts.

12 minutes ago, WoahW said:

What?!? The guy who admitted he dislikes Cam Newton things Cam Newton has been slacking on rehab. NO fuging WAY SOMEONE MARK THE CALENDAR 

It’s been said by others that it’s known the team hasn’t been happy with his approach to rehab before.  Sorry you can’t keep up.  

4 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

The Carolina Panthers just decided to IR Cam Newton for an injury that should be healed before the end of the season. 

Think about that. 

It was "supposed to be" but no way it's healed by then based on what we know about how his recovery has gone so far. I'm a biomedical engineer, not a doctor, but everyone was being suppper optimistic with the recovery time for a lisfranc injury. This usually takes a year to recover and extremely variable for each patient. Sometimes it can linger for years. 

1 minute ago, raz said:

he's not designated.   you get to bring 2 back a year.   and you think cam's coming in and playing on the last year of a contract?   why would he do that?    what if he gets hurt with no future guarantees?   someone will give him what he wants, or close enough for a couple years with an escape hatch.

$20 mil or nothing as it stands right now, which do you choose? 

Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

It may be best for both parties that he doesn't play again this season. 

How is it best for the team? I can see cams side but I don't see an argument for the team. If he comes out and plays well, that's great and we extend him. If he doesn't play well, we cut or trade him

Archived