• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Likely won't see Cam in a Panthers uni again

Jeremy Igo

5 minutes ago, Nesbro1 said:

Once he's gone why would you watch him unless you have nothing else to do?

Who gives a phuck what he does for someone else? Once he leaves he's the enemy. 

If you don't play for the Panthers you are the enemy plain and simple and I wish nothing but despair and misery for you (football wise)

Is that seriously what you tell yourself watching Davis.

Lol gtfo here

6 minutes ago, WoahW said:

Ahh so speculation, which is exactly what I said.

I believe it would be beneficial to give him the year and see how he does next year if he stinks it up we know, if he lights it up we talk extending with an out and have a very good backup in Kyle Allen.

Great to know we are both on the same page now as both sides being speculation! 

Their speculation is informed speculation.

Ours is not.

37 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I know it's not the news many want to hear, but that is likely the end of the Cam era in Carolina. 

Look for him to be either released or traded before the NFL draft. 

Not sure how this makes sense.  There can't be much trade value there, nobody is giving up much with Cam being so hurt the last almost two seasons and release him for nothing I just don't see that happening, when you can simply see what you have next season and then decide ithen to either let him go via free agency,  sign to extension or franchise tag.   I guess maybe the $20 million might be why release?? But we still have money under cap (I believe) and in the grand scheme of things paying the $20million to see if Cam can come back is worth it vs just trading for very little or nothing via releasing.  

5 minutes ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

Joe Person went from "omg I hate this guy covering the Panthers with his horrible takes, thank god he is off the Charlotte paper" to "he is my credible source because he said something I agree with" extremely fast.

Lmao. Person was literally the butt of every joke regarding sports journalism now he’s the NFL’s Adrian Wojnarowski :eyeroll:

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Their speculation is informed speculation.

Ours is not.

To an extent, this is one of those times I believe it’ll come down to Tepper and Tepper alone and none of the insiders have a tap on him. Rivera and Hurney sure but not the big dog. 

So because they IR’d him designated to return we should believe the franchise is ready to move on? That’s the big source Jesus Christ, it’s literally like the Manning situation in Denver where Manning came in the playoffs to save the day 

4 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

The Carolina Panthers just decided to IR Cam Newton for an injury that should be healed before the end of the season. 

Think about that. 

Either Carolina has opted to quit on Newton or Newton to quit on Carolina.  THAT is what that says. 

3 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Nobody is saying they have a 'source', not even Igo, But David Newton, Joe Person, Deion Sanders and others have all said the same basic thing

So David Newton and Joe Person..two people we regularly ridicule for being the worst possible beat writers of the Panthers possible.

Deion Sanders.  Who has been known not to even realize the person he is talking to is a pro Bowl caliber player.

Archived