• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Likely won't see Cam in a Panthers uni again

Jeremy Igo

If the team is preparing to move Newton via trade or release then that can only mean one of a few things:

1) Cam is tired of how he's been treated here and is ready to play for a new team

2) The team no longer believes he can fully recover to his 2015 or even 2016 form

I dont really think there are any other scenarios. Either Cam is tired of being a panther for a number of reasons like O Line, etc or the team no longer believes in his play and his ability to recover.

Cam may retire after this, or he may sign a new contract. Ive been leaning toward retirement seeing as how Luck just did it and Cam has gotten an equivalent level of hits put on him in his career. 

Very sad day in Carolina.

But I will say this to end, Ron and Hurney MUST go as well if Cam goes. I dont want to watch a Ron Rivera/Marty Hurney team with no Cam. 

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Igo isn't the only one saying this.

Ahh you mean the other guys who 100% live and die by trying to break news and clicks? Gotcha good to know. And once again I’m not saying it won’t happen but holy hell there’s a ton of space in between where things could happen 

My guess would be, it's the thing that we have been hearing so much about, the past few years. Paying a QB $35M/yr hamstrings your roster. If you have a good young QB, surround them with talent. I'm sad to see Cam go but Tepper wants to win a Championship and if he thinks this is the best way to do so, I can definitely see him making that decision. 

Just now, WoahW said:

Ahh good to know you have a line straight to Tepper. Oh wait you don’t? Every team has backup plans in place but let’s not act like the team has already moved on fuging poo you kids are insane. He was playing his best football last year up until he got hurt. 

It’s fine to not believe but time will prove that Jeremy is right. I’m a Cam fan and it hurts that he is leaving but it’s happening. 

I highly doubt this was Cam’s last season as a panther.

the starting job is still Cam’s once he’s healthy, he would have had ample time for the shoulder to heal and lisfranc injury, also more time with his new throwing motion. 

him going to ir this late says a little more about how they felt if he was able to come back healthy 

Archived