• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Likely won't see Cam in a Panthers uni again

Jeremy Igo

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2019 at 11:47 AM, 34yearoldsafety said:

I think we should extend Cam. Not to some crazy max contract, but at least something reasonable in the same ball park as now.

1) We have no better options, via draft or free agency (unless you want andy dalton)

2) His foot will heal before the 2020 season. It's not like he tore his Achilles or something. He will be okay. Plus a year with out any shoulder hits and a mental break from the game.

3) We owe it to Cam. Every thing he has done for this city, for our team, for our attendance numbers. We literally don't have a better option. This kyle allen mediocre-magic will run out soon. 5-1 is cool, but don't forget who took us 15-1. 

5-1?

5 minutes ago, countryboi said:

and this is why you dont make your mind up about Cam during the season because 17 days later things have changed alot. Panther fans are like an abusive relationship, we sorry Cam we will never hit you again. 

Funny this doesnt change a thing. Cam still wont be back next year. 

33 minutes ago, Palmetto said:

Huddle logic after eight games for each player

Deshuan Watson Overrated

Lamar Jackson bust

Kyle Allen Franchise Qb

With the sarcasm of the last line here, you realize that you are illustrating the 2 posts just before it, right?  You are basically calling Allen a bust after 8 games. 

Here is one question (I do not know the answer):  Do players on IR usually attend games in street clothes?  I thought they did.  If so, where is Cam?  The cameras would surely find him.  He would not have let Allen struggle through the day without some encouragement. 

Googled the answer:  " Players may attend games and stay with the team, and leave the team for minor league rehabilitation assignments if necessary. "

So where is Cam? 

Team decision to not have him on the sideline after the IR announcement, Cam was on the sideline for the Tennessee game. 

To add via edit:

I think Rivera made mention of Cam still being at home games but in the suite to stay off his feet. (Someone here may be able to track that presser excerpt down)

Just now, SetfreexX said:

Team decision to not have him on the sideline after the IR announcement, Cam was on the sideline for the Tennessee game. 

Do you know that it was a "team decision" (which I can understand to a degree) and what the rationale for the decision is? 

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

Here is one question (I do not know the answer):  Do players on IR usually attend games in street clothes?  I thought they did.  If so, where is Cam?  The cameras would surely find him.  He would not have let Allen struggle through the day without some encouragement. 

He doesn’t need to be there. Quit reaching. You already made your feeling about Cam, Allen known a few weeks ago when you were hailing Allen as our franchise QB.

6 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

With the sarcasm of the last line here, you realize that you are illustrating the 2 posts just before it, right?  You are basically calling Allen a bust after 8 games. 

That last line was not sarcasm people thought he was a franchise Qb after three games actually

He's not a bust because I didnt have high expectations for him

I think hes played pretty good.  for a un-drafted guy he cant be a bust

the point that you seem to miss is

other young Qbs can play GREAT football and the attitude here will be "that guys overrated wait until they get film on him hes not that good"

Allen didnt play has good as those Qbs but the exact opposite was said he was anointed the next Warner here to save the franchise

Archived