• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Likely won't see Cam in a Panthers uni again

Jeremy Igo

13 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Lebron as a basketball player has just as much wear and tear on his body as a qb.

simple as that 

No, he doesn't.  Simple as that.

Are you aware that every single human being is different?  Why are we comparing two completely different people, playing two different sports to each other?

6 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

No, he doesn't.  Simple as that.

Are you aware that every single human being is different?  Why are we comparing two completely different people, playing two different sports to each other?

I need more than a no he doesn’t as an explanation. 

I’m debunking the narrative that cam’s body is “breaking” down.

you have a 34 year old 6’8 250lbs guy who’s logged the most mins in nba playoff history, has been to 8 straight finals, and is in his 17th year.

Lebron has had a groin injury 

Cam had had a shoulder and Lisfranc injury

that does not equate to his body is breaking down, it’s the same narrative the media put on lebron last year, so it is absolutely comparable 

Before this segued to Sam Mills and LeBron James, we were talking about Cam Newton, weren"t we?

Well, since probably 2/3 of that speculation (of Cam's leaving the Panthers) was based on the direct or indirect opinions of journalists...how 'bout considering an alternate take, by another journalist?

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/11/nfl-panthers-cam-newton-injury-future

I think we should extend Cam. Not to some crazy max contract, but at least something reasonable in the same ball park as now.

1) We have no better options, via draft or free agency (unless you want andy dalton)

2) His foot will heal before the 2020 season. It's not like he tore his Achilles or something. He will be okay. Plus a year with out any shoulder hits and a mental break from the game.

3) We owe it to Cam. Every thing he has done for this city, for our team, for our attendance numbers. We literally don't have a better option. This kyle allen mediocre-magic will run out soon. 5-1 is cool, but don't forget who took us 15-1. 

13 minutes ago, 34yearoldsafety said:

I think we should extend Cam. Not to some crazy max contract, but at least something reasonable in the same ball park as now.

1) We have no better options, via draft or free agency (unless you want andy dalton)

2) His foot will heal before the 2020 season. It's not like he tore his Achilles or something. He will be okay. Plus a year with out any shoulder hits and a mental break from the game.

3) We owe it to Cam. Every thing he has done for this city, for our team, for our attendance numbers. We literally don't have a better option. This kyle allen mediocre-magic will run out soon. 5-1 is cool, but don't forget who took us 15-1. 

In the NFL you DO NOT pay for services rendered.

That is what Marty Hurney was notorious for during his first reign, that cannot happen again.

Not reading this entire thread to see if this has been said.

The NFL is a business, and as @Rags said on page 1, this is a "what have you done for me lately league.  Here is what we know:

Lately, Cam is 1-7, Allen is 7-1. Being injured is not an excuse in the NFL--is is a confession.

• Trading or cutting Cam frees up $19 m in cap room next year.
  • Cam's health is uncertain, and next year is his final contract year.  Cam may have something left, but Tepper (hedge fund manager) will not risk $20m next season on a question mark--that would mean our investment in Cam has cost us (possibly) 3 seasons and cost us $65m over the final three years.
  • If Cam comes back next year, he is still a 31 year old running QB with a shoulder history (they can recur).   He will not be able to run as well and his deep ball is still in question.  To keep him, we may have to let Bradberry and Thompson walk. 

Jeremy is right this time--not simply casting click bait into Lake Gullible. :eyeroll:

Tepper will not let emotional Hurney get stupid as he did before (Giving Jake a big contract after Tommy John surgery, etc.)  

Cam's absence on the sideline and his lack of chatter is noticeable.  I think he knows.  I think we are going to shop him in the offseason.  Depending on Allen's play over the next 8 games, we could be drafting a QB. 

4 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Well, I’m for tanking next season and then getting Justin Fields or even someone like Jaime Newman from Wake.

This year's draft has a fair number of good quarterbacks if you wanna go that route.

Add in that you don't know where we'll finish. We could end up in a pretty good position.

44 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

This year's draft has a fair number of good quarterbacks if you wanna go that route.

Add in that you don't know where we'll finish. We could end up in a pretty good position.

I might be a bit bias on this but as a Georgia fan, I would to Jake Fromm lead Carolina. My concerns I see is I don't feel like he would make more of an impact than Kyle Allen has. Fromm is a game manager that has been surrounded by a great run game (does that sound familiar?) I do see Fromm being a bit more polished and a little bit more accurate though.

1 hour ago, thefuzz said:

In the NFL you DO NOT pay for services rendered.

That is what Marty Hurney was notorious for during his first reign, that cannot happen again.

Not one person in Marty's first reign can equate or even come close to Cam's impact on this football team. This team was finally built for him to succeed. It is not fair to any party involved to give up on a GENERATIONAL talent after one year of a mismanaged injury. Allen is benefiting from the (finally) stategic build of a team that was intended for Cam. This will be the dumbest thing the franchise has ever done if we cut Cam Newton, but I can't say it wouldn't be the hallmark of a franchise that consistently does these kind of dumb things.

1 hour ago, 34yearoldsafety said:

What is Cam's motivation for doing that? He could get more on the open market.

Archived