• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Likely won't see Cam in a Panthers uni again

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, weyco2000 said:

Cancer and lisfranc are basically the same? Evidently you dont get the cause, pretty crude statement if you ask me. 

Keep pounding as a philosophy is meant to apply more broadly to life than just specifically cancer. If you go back and read Mills original speech, it’s pretty clear this is what he’s communicating.

3 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Keep pounding as a philosophy is meant to apply more broadly to life than just specifically cancer. If you go back and read Mills original speech, it’s pretty clear this is what he’s communicating.

The whole concept of the phrase is based upon survival from a man dying from cancer. Using it as a punchline is disrespectful and disgraceful.

4 minutes ago, weyco2000 said:

The whole concept of the phrase is based upon survival from a man dying from cancer. Using it as a punchline is disrespectful and disgraceful.

I’m a huge fan of Mills and Keep Pounding as not only a philosophy but a core part of the team’s identity. I didn’t find the statement disrespectful or disgraceful even though I didn’t entirely agree with his take, so I’m not inclined to automatically agree that it is, just that you personally feel it is, which is fine, just pointing out it didn’t also strike me that way.

16 hours ago, SmartyHurney said:

This is so funny, you guys don't want to give Hurney credit for finding the 2 franchise quarterbacks so you're all playing games of semantics to win some non-argument.

lmaoooo

Hurney is straight up garbage. He should never have been given a second go round. If Cam truly is done as a Panther (I hope he isn’t) moRon and Hurney need to be right behind him and the team needs to start fresh. 

12 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

I’m a huge fan of Mills and Keep Pounding as not only a philosophy but a core part of the team’s identity. I didn’t find the statement disrespectful or disgraceful even though I didn’t entirely agree with his take, so I’m not inclined to automatically agree that it is, just that you personally feel it is, which is fine, just pointing out it didn’t also strike me that way.

Screenshot_20191106-070453_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0073376293fff4c2e214ad7d99f28d02.jpg

I'm really not wanting to debate about it, but the motto has always been directly associated with fighting cancer. Pretty sure the victims of the dreaded disease would trade it for a lisfranc injury. 

8 minutes ago, weyco2000 said:

Screenshot_20191106-070453_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0073376293fff4c2e214ad7d99f28d02.jpg

I'm really not wanting to debate about it, but the motto has always been directly associated with fighting cancer. Pretty sure the victims of the dreaded disease would trade it for a lisfranc injury. 

I'm well aware that the phrase has always been associated that way and I think my prior post makes that clear, but it hasn't only been associated with fighting cancer, and I think your statement is unfair to the previous poster because neither he nor I made any such suggestion equating cancer with a lisfranc injury, and the only way you could come to that conclusion is if you don't accept the notion that Keep Pounding applies more broadly than only cancer. I don't really want to debate about it either, but you seem to be going out of your way to find something to take umbrage about, and I think one can have deep and profound respect for Sam Mills and the Keep Pounding message and not find his statement offensive.

1 hour ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Yep, they kept pounding against the niners. Was Is keep getting pounded or keep pounding our pud? That phrase has zero to do with this teams identity, it’s just selling merch at this point. 

1 minute ago, ickmule said:

Or comedy......don’t take life so seriously. No one makes it out alive.   

If you think I take things too seriously and don't engage in comedy, you have not been paying attention to my posting history. Your reply is the common refrain of guys saying or doing d bag things when they get called on it:

"I was only joking, jeez, don't take it so seriously."

Sorry, not buying it this time. Everyone likes to engage in that maneuver when it suits them. It's disingenuous. Comedy can be and often is irreverent. It doesn't need to be disrespectful without reason. Your statement was unprovoked disrespect without reason or point, it did not add to the discussion, only wallowed in mudslinging.

Regardless this has gone on long enough. I think we're done here.

Archived