• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Likely won't see Cam in a Panthers uni again

Jeremy Igo

Just now, MVPccaffrey said:

More than last year once the team frees up 20 million, that's for sure.

I can think of 1 week one starter who won't be here, though.

You don't even understand the cap. That 20 million is going to be useless, or used for another quarterback this off-season.

Most teams without a quarterback have anywhere from 30-60% of their cap space unspent every off-season. You know why? They suck. They can't invest in much other than trying to find a quarterback with high picks, and they can't sign anyone but the most greedy free agents looking for a payday. So they spend off-season after off-season without using their cap because to do so would be a detriment.

Said it at the start of the season, anything less than 2015/early 2018 cam this season and he probably wasnt going to be back. 100% thought he was done in Carolina after the foot injury. 

His side releasing information that contradicted the team was likely the bail in the coffin of cam on the Panthers. 

32 minutes ago, SmartyHurney said:

Kyle Blows don't @ me

Doesn't really matter even if true.

Said it yesterday: Kyle Allen could be the worst quarterback in history. That doesn't make Newton younger, healthier, cheaper or more likely to remain healthy.

Those are the factors deciding his future.

Super Bowl..

The answer isn't on the team currently.  I think a healthy Cam is our way back.  We have some age on defense and hoping for another franchise QB currently isn't in the near draft.

Maybe sign Cam for 1 or 2 seasons,,

Kyle is the next man up and I hope he can get 5 wins with our remaining schedule and we make the playoffs.

Kyle's had some good moments..  I'm all in with him ..

1 minute ago, SmartyHurney said:

You don't even understand the cap. That 20 million is going to be useless, or used for another quarterback this off-season.

Most teams without a quarterback have anywhere from 30-60% of their cap space unspent every off-season. You know why? They suck. They can't invest in much other than trying to find a quarterback with high picks, and they can't sign anyone but the most greedy free agents looking for a payday. So they spend off-season after off-season without using their cap because to do so would be a detriment.

Kyle Allen will be the qb, he's an ERFA. wont cost much to resign him. 

13 minutes ago, MVPccaffrey said:

The idea that the Panthers are about to join the likes of the Jets and Bengals in the NFL cellar is a Camstan fiction.  Last I looked there were 22 starters on this roster and quite a few of them playing well with no reason they wouldn't be here next season.  I think Kyle's 6-1 record, along with the games DA won while here prove once and for all this team is/was not being carried completelty on the back of one player.

I'd be more concerned with the combination of what could happen. We have the potential for a lot of players being gone after this year. The OL still isn't great, Olsen can't have many years left, DJ and Samuel are WR2 and WR3 candidates, our safeties are old or don't wrap up, Bradberry is due for a new contract, and Ron Rivera is still our coach.

The potential for being a Jets level team is there. I agree though it's not likely especially with the Bucs about to rebuild, Atlanta embracing the rebuild, and the Saints soon to be without Brees (though still the likely leader of the division for a few years at least). However, staying a middling team who can't string together winning seasons is within realistic expectations. So we miss the playoffs but draft too high to get guys like Chase Young.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Doesn't really matter even if true.

Said it yesterday: Kyle Allen could be the worst quarterback in history. That doesn't make Newton younger, healthier, cheaper or more likely to remain healthy.

Those are the factors deciding his future.

I just said that at a point where I was getting trolled by bullshit semantic arguments, so I said it to annoy a person. I don't think he blows, I think he's a mediocre backup, that doesn't have much going for him. I don't see what qualities he has that makes him an NFL quarterback.

1 minute ago, SmartyHurney said:

This franchise isn't going to blow their wad on a Winston/Bridgewater type starter when Kyle is playing just as well for pennies on the dollar.  You're the one who's misinformed. 

Bump this next spring so I can say I told you so.

15 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

Exactly, and they stick together so well that most people eat up their opinion like its 100% fact.  Jeremy is talking like he works in the building and people like Mr. Scot are just cosigning on all of the speculative bullshiggity!  

This 100%. Its the same script everytime their is a debate. Scot says the most without really saying anything. He leads you to look one way hur follows it up with a we dont really know and I wouldn't bet money on it comment.

Just now, Zeek said:

I'd be more concerned with the combination of what could happen. We have the potential for a lot of players being gone after this year. The OL still isn't great, Olsen can't have many years left, DJ and Samuel are WR2 and WR3 candidates, our safeties are old or don't wrap up, Bradberry is due for a new contract, and Ron Rivera is still our coach.

The potential for being a Jets level team is there. I agree though it's not likely especially with the Bucs about to rebuild, Atlanta embracing the rebuild, and the Saints soon to be without Brees (though still the likely leader of the division for a few years at least). However, staying a middling team who can't string together winning seasons is within realistic expectations. So we miss the playoffs but draft to high to get guys like Chase Young.

If Cam is done this off-season we need assets. There's a few players on this team that could bring a lot of assets, though it'll make a lot of fans sick.

1 minute ago, MVPccaffrey said:

This franchise isn't going to blow their wad on a Winston/Bridgewater type starter when Kyle is playing just as well for pennies on the dollar.  You're the one who's misinformed. 

Bump this next spring so I can say I told you so.

Then we're tanking next season. Either way that 20 million doesn't help. You realize that right?

Just now, SmartyHurney said:

I just said that at a point where I was getting trolled by bullshit semantic arguments, so I said it to annoy a person. I don't think he blows, I think he's a mediocre backup, that doesn't have much going for him. I don't see what qualities he has that makes him an NFL quarterback.

He's played six games.

The notion that anybody definitively knows what his future potential can be based on that small a sample is ridiculous.

Archived