• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Likely won't see Cam in a Panthers uni again

Jeremy Igo

14 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

That reads like an obituary.  

Holy poo you're right:

Newton is in his ninth NFL season after being selected by the Panthers with the No. 1 overall choice in the 2011 Draft. He has career totals of 29,041 passing yards, 182 passing touchdowns, 108 interceptions, 4,806 rushing yards and 58 rushing touchdowns. Newton won the 2011 NFL AP Offensive Rookie of the Year award and 2015 NFL AP MVP award.

Why the hell are they writing about his career statistics if he's just being shut down for the rest of the year and you're optimistic about him being back.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree with Jeremy on this one. I've had my suspicions, and the word of a very prescient #FishGuy, but reading that official release from the organization definitely leads me to believe he's done as a Panther, if not the NFL entirely.

The idea that the Panthers are about to join the likes of the Jets and Bengals in the NFL cellar is a Camstan fiction.  Last I looked there were 22 starters on this roster and quite a few of them playing well with no reason they wouldn't be here next season.  I think Kyle's 6-1 record, along with the games DA won while here prove once and for all this team is/was not being carried completelty on the back of one player.

1 minute ago, Go DJ that's my DJ said:

this thread is depressing

Welcome to the NFL without a franchise quarterback. Browns, Jaguars, Dolphins, Bills, ect.

We're going to be irrelevant until we find one. Don't tell me about teams that won it all without one, that's rare, and if winning a Super Bowl is difficult, imagine how difficult it is without the most important position on the team being filled.

Just now, MVPccaffrey said:

The idea that the Panthers are about to join the likes of the Jets and Bengals in the NFL cellar is a Camstan fiction.  Last I looked there were 22 starters om this roster and quite a few of them playing well with no reason they wouldn't be here next season.  I think Kyle's 6-1 record, along with the games DA won while here prove once and for all this team is/was not being carried completelty on the back of one player.

You're a moron if you believe otherwise. This is a quarterback league.

3 minutes ago, MVPccaffrey said:

The idea that the Panthers are about to join the likes of the Jets and Bengals in the NFL cellar is a Camstan fiction.  Last I looked there were 22 starters on this roster and quite a few of them playing well with no reason they wouldn't be here next season.  I think Kyle's 6-1 record, along with the games DA won while here prove once and for all this team is/was not being carried completelty on the back of one player.

How many of those 22-starters are going to be here next season, doofus.

Archived