• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Likely won't see Cam in a Panthers uni again

Jeremy Igo

Just now, Dunn said:

Can't see him seeing the field unless Allen shits the bed...why take the hot hand out?

No, I mean do play Allen, but I just can't imagine Allen is going to keep getting away with throwing short, and having defensive backs drop easy interceptions.

When it's obvious we're out of the playoffs I would like Grier to start.

2 minutes ago, SmartyHurney said:

Honestly, I kind of hope we get to see Grier play this year. Grier at last is an athlete.

He was TERRIBLE in the preseason, but at least he has some NFL quarterback qualities.

Allen looked pretty awful in the preseason as well. It give me hope maybe we'll see something good from Grier if his number is called.

Just now, SmartyHurney said:

assuming we are out of the playoffs, and Allen is clearly not going to be much of an option for a starter, I would agree.

but I want I Just want to mention we are 5-1 since Cam went out and we are in the thick of a playoff hunt... IMO we can still do it. I understand the pessimism but we have a shot.

31 minutes ago, SmartyHurney said:

Many Cam haters wish is coming true. Too bad they're mostly too young to remember what it's like trying to find a quarterback.

God, can someone post the list of names after Jake left? We got beyond lucky to score Jimmy Clausen and send the team into a mega-tank that landed Cam.

Maybe Hurney can find the THIRD franchise quarterback for this team. 

Maybe he can drag that French guy off the sofa again like in 2010....

5 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Lot of speculation around here by the huddle elitist withoutany facts. This could not age well. I think today means as much as it did 3 days ago. We don't know really. Just a bunch of guessing. 

Exactly, and they stick together so well that most people eat up their opinion like its 100% fact.  Jeremy is talking like he works in the building and people like Mr. Scot are just cosigning on all of the speculative bullshiggity!  

1 minute ago, SmartyHurney said:

No, I mean do play Allen, but I just can't imagine Allen is going to keep getting away with throwing short, and having defensive backs drop easy interceptions.

It is entirely plausible given how stacked the NFC looks, that Allen continues to play well and progress as a qb, but we are still not contending for a playoff spot. He would kind of have to play at an unprecedented level that no one expects for us to be assured of a spot before the last game.

If that highly plausible scenario unfolds, do you still favor playing Grier?

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Hurney has gone on record to say this is a learning year for Grier. They had no intention of him playing this season under any circumstances. I suspect the Panthers may bring in another QB and Grier will still be #3. 

Yikes.

I wonder if it would be wise to trade some of the older, but great players on the team this off-season for assets.

This might sound bad, but Luke going to another team would bring in assets we need to find a quarterback, and would also give him a chance to play for a team that isn't about to be banished to the basement of the league.

14 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

Exactly, and they stick together so well that most people eat up their opinion like its 100% fact.  Jeremy is talking like he works in the building and people like Mr. Scot are just cosigning on all of the speculative bullshiggity!  

Cool, lets bump this thread in the Spring, shall we?

7 minutes ago, SmartyHurney said:

Honestly, I kind of hope we get to see Grier play this year. Grier at last is an athlete.

He was TERRIBLE in the preseason, but at least he has some NFL quarterback qualities.

I mean besides being a WINNER what other NFL quarterback quality would you like to see?  BTW before you answer I'll take the ability to WIN consistently over any quality you name.

Just now, 1of10Charnatives said:

It is entirely plausible given how stacked the NFC looks, that Allen continues to play well and progress as a qb, but we are still not contending for a playoff spot. He would kind of have to play at an unprecedented level that no one expects for us to be assured of a spot before the last game.

If that highly plausible scenario unfolds, do you still favor playing Grier?

It really depends on how Allen plays at that point. If Allen starts doing things better, I guess roll with Allen. I just don't see many things Allen does as being anything other than mediocre. If Allen had an arm I would roll with him through thick and thin for a while, but it's his biggest draw back. I'm tired of not having a quarterback that can sling it.

Archived