• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Likely won't see Cam in a Panthers uni again

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, SmartyHurney said:

Brian St. Pierre, Matt Moore, Vinny Testaverde, Pickles.

We got really fuging lucky with old Hurney finding Cam so fast.

How on Earth did Hurney "find" Cam?

Was he not on the cover of ESPN magazine?  A National Championship QB?  A Heisman winner?

The only thing Hurney did was get us into a position to be able to turn in a draft card in front of the rest of the NFL.....meaning we were so bad that we had the ability to pick Cam Newton.

Just now, thefuzz said:

How on Earth did Hurney "find" Cam?

Was he not on the cover of ESPN magazine?  A National Championship QB?  A Heisman winner?

The only thing Hurney did was get us into a position to be able to turn in a draft card in front of the rest of the NFL.....meaning we were so bad that we had the ability to pick Cam Newton.

Same cover had 2 other guys that were frauds. Hurney picking Cam wasn't thought of as a slam dunk at the time, though it should have been.

He got a lot of hate for it in the media and certainly from this fan base. At the time I was even unsure, I was still so fuging pissed at Luck fuging us that I couldn't see Cam's talent.

3 minutes ago, trueblade said:

image.png.602b1fe3cd693c33e2ad313a6a1f4883.png

This should not be an excuse to harp on ‘haters’ or play a QB pas his prime, it has absolutely nothing to do with that.

This is has everything to do with a competent FO. There are plenty of teams who have a good QB right after the next. So if anything demand a competent FO to do better. No reason at all our only above average QB should come 15+ years after existence.

1 minute ago, SmartyHurney said:

Same cover had 2 other guys that were frauds. Hurney picking Cam wasn't thought of as a slam dunk at the time, though it should have been.

He got a lot of hate for it in the media and certainly from this fan base. At the time I was even unsure, I was still so fuging pissed at Luck fuging us that I couldn't see Cam's talent.

So how did he "find" Cam Newton?

Just now, onmyown said:

This should not be an excuse to harp on ‘haters’ or play a QB pas his prime, it has absolutely nothing to do with that.

This is has everything to do with a competent FO. There are plenty of teams who have a good QB right after the next. So if anything demand a competent FO to do better. No reason at all our only above average QB should come 15+ years after existence.

Yeah, no.

Statistically speaking it's going to take 3 first round picks for us to find a quarterback. I'll find the article that details this. It's very unlikely we find one in the next 2 years, though in 3 it's possible. Some teams go decades.

Archived